more chit chat less vans ???

Re: more chit chat less vans ???

Postby astroturf » March 14th 2010, 3:57pm

Gary wrote:Tiny-in terms of this thread being on page 6 and you just posting...............................Do you often find yourself just get to a party and everyone has already left???. :poke: :poke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hehe-just kidding.

If you find yourself researching a posters post count to find if that poster knows what they are talking about of not,well the same time could be more usefully used to research the topic.Fact is post counts I have found over the yrs means very little.In fact honestly,I have myself found learning from newbies and high post count members as well.It just doesn't matter.

In terms of how a site looks to "visitors" that are not members my two cents says as much good info as you can show in threads to them it counts.But then again,it depends a lot on each person and why they want to become apart of a forum.It's a community of a number of different types of people.For me,I am more of a tech wrenching,fabricator type that takes at times these threads way too seriously. :banana:

So you are going to build a V8 van with mods??.Please start a thread and I as well as others are there for you.Pics are key.Pm me if you need to and I will help when I can and tell you honestly when I don't know.Age and time on these forums has temper ego somewhat for me.

Looking forward toward your build thread and good luck on your build.

Gar

P.S.:I suggest for you to just let this thread die on it's own because it will over time.

I know I am done with it. :wave:

You nailed it Gary and for that I'm going to give you a BOO YAH. Jim

PS, That's a good thing.

EDIT: Page 7
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 112
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 2wd Passenger

Postby Mr_Bowtie » March 14th 2010, 4:32pm

I have never been on a forum where a post somewhere on the forum didn't count towards your post count.

Like the Turf said all it is just a record of just how active you are on the site.....nothing more......nothing less......it is what it is! :D

This isn't eBay and that isn't my feedback rating people!!! :banghead:

:goodpost:
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4

Postby Tiny » March 14th 2010, 4:49pm

Deleted letting thread quietly.

Gonna go over in the corner and wait for a topic to come along that's ok to post in since it seems this one was supposed to be dead.
2001 Chavy Astro Cargo
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT Getrag 5spd
1988 Pontiac Fiero SE Isuzu 5spd *Parts car*
1984 Yamaha Venture Royale
Tiny
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Tiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full yearsTiny has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 13
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: Cargo RWD

Postby astroturf » March 14th 2010, 5:10pm

Tiny wrote:Deleted letting thread quietly.

Gonna go over in the corner and wait for a topic to come along that's ok to post in since it seems this one was supposed to be dead.

Come on Tiny, I like your input. That's what makes this place great. If you want you cam PM me and we can talk. But, That corner is for dust, Not for a fellow AstroSafarian. Jim
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby astro355 » March 14th 2010, 6:48pm

Yes, I can remember when I had 10 posts. I'll guarantee you that I gave advice the same way as I did then. And I do remember being on another forum and since I had a low post count, being treated like a didn't know what I was talking about.

I understood this argument on the point of view that the increase in the use of the off-topic was "annoying" to some members. I get that.

But to say that post counts don't really matter and then complain about "post boosting" doesn't add up.

I can say that the off-topic post boosting became "annoying" (for lack of a better word) to me since when I post a lot (yes, I'm a boost poster also), I was either talking about my van, answering someone questions or anything that was van related. But I'm not going to say that I don't post in the off-topic section. As already mentioned, I find the silly threads in off-topic to be relaxing. As someone else said, its just like shop talk. It makes the day go by easier.

The thing is that as the web site goes in members, there will be changes. I don't think we should let this distract us from the real mission of this website.
Diagnose 1st, never be a parts changer!

355 small block chevy w/ modified 700R4

astro355
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: astro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full yearsastro355 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 57
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: 355 V8 700R4

Postby astroturf » March 14th 2010, 6:50pm

astro355 wrote:Yes, I can remember when I had 10 posts. I'll guarantee you that I gave advice the same way as I did then. And I do remember being on another forum and since I had a low post count, being treated like a didn't know what I was talking about.

I understood this argument on the point of view that the increase in the use of the off-topic was "annoying" to some members. I get that.

But to say that post counts don't really matter and then complain about "post boosting" doesn't add up.

I can say that the off-topic post boosting became "annoying" (for lack of a better word) to me since when I post a lot (yes, I'm a boost poster also), I was either talking about my van, answering someone questions or anything that was van related. But I'm not going to say that I don't post in the off-topic section. As already mentioned, I find the silly threads in off-topic to be relaxing. As someone else said, its just like shop talk. It makes the day go by easier.

The thing is that as the web site goes in members, there will be changes. I don't think we should let this distract us from the real mission of this website.

OOH RAH, Let the Wrenching Begin... Jim
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Alias (AKA):

Postby Mr_Bowtie » March 15th 2010, 1:19am

OH there will be wrenchin' :banana:
1985 Astro - 350/700r4....loud & low! :chevy:
'96 Dodge 2500 Ramwagon Van
'68 VW Bug 1600cc
'00 Grand Prix GT
'00 Subaru Outback Legacy sedan
Mr_Bowtie
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Mr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full yearsMr_Bowtie has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 74
Alias (AKA): Nick
Van Model Year: 1985
Extra Info: 350 with 700r4

Postby astroturf » March 15th 2010, 3:08am

Mr_Bowtie wrote:OH there will be wrenchin' :banana:

With Pix?
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Alias (AKA):

Previous