AstroTurf Apologizes. Really??? Really!!!

AstroTurf Apologizes. Really??? Really!!!

Postby astroturf [OP] » May 1st 2010, 1:29am

I would like to direct my apology to all whom I have adversely affected.

First to the entire membership of AstroSafari.com, I acted stupidly. Wasted a lot of valuable time. I said some things that were not in the true spirit of the website, Nor of my own character. I got carried away. A fit of rage defending something I love and believe is the best thing since sliced bread. I am sorry. I am human and will try not to do it again.

Second to the Management Team. Because of what I did, It wasted a lot of time on your part. I am sorry about that. I do appreciate the fact that you guys listen to your members concerns. Thank You.

Thirdly to the people I may have drug into this. I should not have done what I did. In the future, I will simply step outside, kick the dog, smoke a cigarette, and walk around the block.

Fourthly to $uperJoe. I know what your feelings are on the issues, I appreciate those thoughts that you have about them, and I think that had we discussed them in a different way, I could have avoided offending you. I did not slow down to think of the consequences. I never meant to offend you. I know I have and I apologize for that.

Lastly to Gary... Gary you have age and wisdom on your side. Use that age and wisdom to express your technical knowledge to those you would like to help. Take the extra minute to do that and I will observe and learn from you, as well you may from me. Neither of us are little boys to be told: I know whats best so just accept it. We are old farts that disagree a lot. For that I do not apologize. I apologize to you for trying to drag you through the mud. For that I am sorry.

Nuff said? Now lets get back to wrenching...

Jim
My Cup is neither half empty nor half full... But has a hole in it. Holy Cup Holders Batman. LOLz, Jim
Original Poster [OP]
astroturf
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: astroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full yearsastroturf has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 112
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 2wd Passenger

Re: AstroTurf Apologizes. Really??? Really!!!

Postby $uperJoe » May 1st 2010, 4:14am

thats the most stand up thing i have seen in a while as far as public apology. thank you for recognizing me in it and also the board as a whole. i too, as you said you are similar, am set in my ways and will try to take a step back and appreciate others opinions for a few moments before i can make myself look like a fool. as you put it best
astroturf wrote:Nuff said? Now lets get back to wrenching...

Thank You and my sincerest if i have offended you also
Joe
Don't explain it poorly 5 times. Take the 15 seconds to go out and take a picture of it!!
Please do not confuse idle conversation with technical advise

Check out my Van build
$uperJoe
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: $uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years$uperJoe has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 59
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

Postby toddb » May 1st 2010, 5:42am

Cheers, Don't know the story and don't care.

I learned a lesson tonite as well. I was going to share it but would make you fall a sleep. As Supertramp said if " You're bloody well right you're bloody well right to say".

You speed on my street and kids are around I'll be the biggest little bulldog around. Don't speed on my street and all is good!

Todd.
1997 Safari 2WD 3:73 locking. 300,000 km - almost full load.
2000 Safari AWD 3:73 locking. 275,000 km - Full load.
toddb
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: toddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full yearstoddb has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA):

Postby Big_kid » May 1st 2010, 1:43pm

No clue what happened, glad it's over though.

I once went after a former neighbor with a tire iron in my hand for habitually laying rubber on a street full of kids. When he did it at school bus time I chased him down in my work van. Almost caught him, he moved shortly thereafter.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8

Postby ShAgSTRO » May 1st 2010, 3:16pm

:clap:
1986 Astro...I like my EFI carb ;)
ShAgSTRO
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: ShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full yearsShAgSTRO has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: 4.3L

Postby evil_motors » May 1st 2010, 3:26pm

oh man did i miss a great arguement.. you know i love to get in on those.
1992 GMC Safari XT , Rhinolined interior, Fatmat walls and celing, Racing seats, Satin Black Dash, Taplock, Clear Corners, Check out my continuing thread with all my mods and lots of pictures.
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3769
evil_motors
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: evil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full yearsevil_motors has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 26
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: XT RWD

Postby Jasen » May 1st 2010, 3:27pm

Kudo's for the public apology.

This incident should serve everyone well.
We all get frustrated from time to time, sometimes it's just the curve balls life has thrown us outside of A/S and it vents here.
Log off, count to 10, do some push ups, watch the news, what ever.

Were only human :)
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 260
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby Uncle Fester » May 4th 2010, 2:15am

I have missed the "problem" that led up to this, and really do not care... this was the most stand up thing I have ever witnessed on the net, or in person for that matter... and my hats off to you! Very cool of you .... :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
Proud owner of "S.l.u.t. Puppy" , a 1992 Chevy Astro and a 1987 Ford E-150 Custom Dually named "Wolf Den"
Uncle Fester
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: Uncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full yearsUncle Fester has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 20
Alias (AKA): Fester
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: 2wd

Postby tedanderson » May 4th 2010, 6:18am

Yeah, I picked a perfect time to take an A/S break while traveling on business. :) I don't know all of what transpired but if I said/did anything as bad as AstroTurf is implying, I think that I wouldn't be man enough to apologize. I'd just go out like a little punk and blame everyone else.
tedanderson
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: tedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 76
Alias (AKA): 2Big4aMiniVan

Postby Samio187 » May 4th 2010, 6:58am

This makes me wonder what i missed, mostly cuz this is where i spend all my free time when i have a connection. oh well stuff happens. i don't think i could apologize for getting p/o ed at someone i would probably just do something stupid and say F it , kudos on the apology :D
***Removed Dead Image***

If life were a gun then mine would be a .500 mag, Heavy,Limited, and Very Destructive
Samio187
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Samio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full yearsSamio187 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 21
Alias (AKA): Sam Well

Postby remark123 » May 4th 2010, 12:26pm

Quite frankly, I am speechless. I all the years I have been lurking here, I do believe that this is the first time I have ever seen anyone apologize in such a gracious way. I am truly touched, makes me proud to be a member of this forum. Thanks, 'turf! I am old too, and understand that feeling you get...
Mark, Simpsonville, KY
remark123
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: remark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full yearsremark123 has been a member for 12 full years
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: Conversion Van

Postby tedanderson » May 4th 2010, 2:24pm

Samio187 wrote:This makes me wonder what i missed, mostly cuz this is where i spend all my free time when i have a connection. oh well stuff happens. i don't think i could apologize for getting p/o ed at someone i would probably just do something stupid and say F it , kudos on the apology :D

I know.. being that none of us were around, AstroTurf got bored and then started fighting with the few people who were left behind.
tedanderson
Years of Membership: tedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full yearstedanderson has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 76
Alias (AKA): 2Big4aMiniVan