My apologies

My apologies

Postby markmitch [OP] » December 25th 2015, 9:31pm

A few weeks ago my doctor put me on a new medication, my wife told me the meds even though they are helping with the severity of my headaches they seem to make me kind of opinionated and I guess I laugh at my own jokes too. So I wish to take a minute to apologize for this if I have said anything on the forum that may have upset anyone. I owe a lot to many of you for the help over the years on my project Astro. I was involved in an explosion during the ground war of desert storm and as a result I have been living with severe headaches of different types ever since. I am not making excuses I am saying I am sorry. Hopefully I can get used to the medicine as it is helping, prior to the new medicine I would have a headache 5 days a week on a scale from one to ten the pain would be 5 or higher, I am still having headaches 5 days a week but now they are maybe 1 day as a 5 or higher but the other 4 days are more likely a 1 or 2 much more tolerable which also means less pain medicines. This new medicine is called Gabapentin if anyone wants to know, Mark

PS: I am asking for forgiveness if I offended anyone I am not looking for pity. Thank you, Mark
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 623
Alias (AKA): 1st gen or frankenvan
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RS V8 AWD

Re: My apologies

Postby RECox286 » December 25th 2015, 11:22pm

Hey Mark..TY for your service. I too ken what it is to live with constant headaches. I finally got some

relief with Tegretol, used to help with patients who have seizures, but in my case for Trigemital Neuralgia.

I guess what I'm saying is "youse ain't in the boat by yer lonesome..."

And, no, I haven't been dissed by anything youse have wrote. (so far) So, I'll keep on hoping ??? Ha.

Good luck with keeping things under control, especially with the family and friends. Some times life stinks,

but we all have to remember to take the good with the bad. Keep the frown up-side-down. U-rah !

Uncle Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Van Model Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Return to Off Topic

It is currently January 22nd 2021, 5:06am

Off Topic Forum
Off TopicDiscussions Unrelated To Astro/Safari Vans. Inapplicable, Extraneous, Off The Subject.
To create a new topic in Off Topic, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Recent Image Attachments
Attached by:
Attached by: AstroWill
AstroWill
in Off Topic
Views: 183
Comments: 7
Date: Dec 28 '20
Time: 5:38am
» Read last comment