Jasen - A great A/S member

Jasen - A great A/S member

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » September 24th 2013, 5:32am

my rear brakes weren't performing properly.. more over.. just the right rear,,, it was locking up at stop signs... didn't start till 6 weeks ago, well after the 3 month ago install performed by Jasen... So today I was fed up with it, so i decided to take a look at the brakes since doing the backup and brake trick wasn't helping with my adjusters....
Called Jasen he advised me to rotate the adjuster thru the rear knock out, so sat on the phone with him for like 5-10 minutes adjusting the brake and it wasn't getting any tighter, so decided to pull the wheel and go from the inside... turned out the bottom spring above the slack adjuster was sitting right on the adjuster... it was a drivers side spring on the passenger side... so replaced the spring.... the slack adjuster arm still wasn't sitting on the star adjuster...
Jasen came down from his house and it turned out that the spring was to compressed on the slack adjuster stop arm. so once we got it sitting where it was supposed to be everything fell in to place properly and now my brakes are back to working 100%

Lets just say he is a great guy, an asset to me, because he is willing to help me with my van and help me become more mechanically inclined...

This was not Jasen's first time here, and it won't be the last.

On Jasen's first visit he helped me install new moog problem solvers idler arms.

On his next visit he helped me totally re-do my back brakes(which we thought were performing properly)

On his next visit he helped me install my OLV Re-indexed Torsion Keys, because my other helper(thegreenmachine, who has also helped me immensly) had ran out of time due to the border patrol putting a 24 hour limit on his stateside visit

On his next visit he gave me some cash to help out with my future purchase of larger tires(coming soon) because he is buying my 'like new' old ones..

And on this visit he helped me with the problem mentioned above.

Thank you Jasen for your help, and the knowledge that you bring to me and this forum...

:ty:

In this pic you can see where the 'drivers side' spring arm is sitting right on the slack adjuster star.
Bad spring 1.jpg

In this pic you can kind of see how the slack adjuster 'stop' arm is not sitting properly because the spring was fully compressed, which was not allowing the arm to sit on the slack adjusting star.
Bad spring 2.jpg
R.I.P.-1997 Astro AWD SilverBullet I 4-9-1997 to 2-17-2015 - Cause of death: Rear-ended
R.I.P.-1999 Astro AWD SilverBullet II 1-4-1999 - July-2016 - Cause of death: Roadrash passenger side

Current: 1999 Astro AWD GreenBullet I - Purchased 02/2018
Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: SilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 54
Alias (AKA): Silver or Bullet or SB
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 7in Lift AWD Z71

Re: Jasen - A great A/S member

Postby Jasen » September 24th 2013, 6:00am

:oops:

:)
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 260
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » March 5th 2014, 6:12pm

Jasen has time and time come to help me with my van.

More visits with Jasen:
My van broke down in Fremont, Low and behold, I call him up and he is there with in an hour to help me, debug my van, turns out it was a bad distributor cap(which had just been replaced less than a year before hand.

My power steering pump blows out, again Jasen comes and gives me a hand on pulling the old pump out and installing a new one.

I get new tires, Jasen purchases my 'old'(less than a year) tires, plus helps me clearance the new bigger 31" tires to fit.

Jasen, has taught me a lot about how to work on my van, I am slowly building up my tool arsenal so I do not have to borrow his, I am very thankful to have Jasen be so close to me. I am glad that he is a friend, I think it will be a life long friendship, even if we both don't own astros in the future.

Once again, Thank you so much Jasen. :banana:
R.I.P.-1997 Astro AWD SilverBullet I 4-9-1997 to 2-17-2015 - Cause of death: Rear-ended
R.I.P.-1999 Astro AWD SilverBullet II 1-4-1999 - July-2016 - Cause of death: Roadrash passenger side

Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997
Years of Membership: SilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full yearsSilverBullet1997 has been a member for 7 full years

Postby Jasen » March 6th 2014, 6:21am

If you sell your Astro, delete my # from your phone :evil:

:lol:

I had funny cutting up your van and bashing on it with hammer's :mrgreen:

Glad I could help
I'm a Journeyman woodworker,
Every projects a journey man.

Ultra gauge

Being a mad scientist IS NOT as easy as it look's on TV

Jasen
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Years of Membership: Jasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full yearsJasen has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 260
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Extra Info: AWD cargo Dutch door

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » May 15th 2014, 3:42pm

COME BACK JASEN! WE MISS YOU!

Where you hiding at?!

My van is in working order now, you don't have to hide in fear of me asking you to help me fix it... :shifty:

Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997

Postby Corsemoto » May 15th 2014, 8:41pm

Way to scare him off! Hopefully he returns. :pray:
Corsemoto
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Corsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full yearsCorsemoto has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 39
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Extra Info: LT AWD

Postby SilverBullet1997 [OP] » May 15th 2014, 9:01pm

Corsemoto wrote:Way to scare him off! Hopefully he returns. :pray:

Yea... I know really... lol... I have tried calling him a few times to see how he is doing, but he has not gotten back to me... Not sure what is going on, I even tried to butter him up with some of those plastic lug nut covers that I found floating around from my old wheels.. but still nothing.... I hope he has his health at least... hmm :think:

Original Poster [OP]
SilverBullet1997

Return to Member Reviews

It is currently February 25th 2021, 9:35am

Member Reviews Forum
Member ReviewsTell about your experiences! Who to buy from and who to stay away from. If there are excellent shops in your area make sure you share your experiences with any products or services here; good or bad!
To create a new topic in Member Reviews, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Recent Image Attachments
Attached by:
fabinator
in Member Reviews
Views: 190010
Comments: 59
Date: May 07 '19
Time: 5:28am
» Read last comment
Attached by: