'95 Chevy Astro for Sale

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

'95 Chevy Astro for Sale

Postby 2much [OP] » August 10th 2016, 12:40am

1st owner did no city driving and kept the van garaged when not in use. the van was used for trips between florida and pennsylvania several times per year (owned by snowbirds who also used it to visit their kids in college, another fl to pa trip).

I got it (2nd owner) in spring of 2008. it had 201k miles on it and was in great shape. it now has 212k miles. it's been out in the elements, so the roof and front have weather damage, but I've taken good care of it and it's required only minor repairs in addition to regular maintenance. I used it only to pick up pallets of litter and food (small animal shelter), and for grocery runs (the store is 5 blocks from here), hence barely 11k miles in 8 years.

PROS: it's in really good shape and the engine is fantastic. no transmission problems. new brakes about a year ago. new headliner a couple of years ago (not needed because of roof leaks, though. windshield was broken by rocks that flew out of a road-crew truck on I95. new windshield wasn't installed correctly and leaks damaged the liner. windshield company replaced the liner). tinted windows and privacy glass. power steering/locks. just had a complete tuneup about two months ago. new owner will also have two repair books and the original manual.

CONS: engine runs great but van often dies when stepping on the gas. might just need a new fuel pump (allegedly had one replaced a year ago but don't believe the mechanic actually replaced it as there was a lot of funny business from them) or there might be an electrical problem. hard to say. powertrain sensor just replaced but it didn't fix the problem.

rear right tail light plastic is broken and I've just been using red tape on it. there are some cracks in the dash. differential went bye-bye a few years ago and I couldn't afford to have a complete repair done, so it's no longer AWD but can be made AWD again (and there are new calipers).

removed the rear seats so I could fit the pallets. freecycled the smaller seat but have been using the big one for seating in the carport. buyer can have it if they want it.

LOVE this extended passenger van and it has served me well. I was hoping to take it to 500k miles but I no longer trust any of the mechanics around here and really need a truck. this would be a gem for someone who works on their own vehicles.

asking $1500 or b/o. happy to provide more photos upon request. it's in west palm beach, florida (33405).
Attachments
95Astro-4-sale.jpg
95Astro-under-hood.jpg
95Astro-rear.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
2much
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: 2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years2much has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): 2much
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD CS