Provan Tigers for Sale thread - Affiliation Allowed

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

Provan Tigers for Sale thread - Affiliation Allowed

Postby AstroWill [OP] » October 12th 2016, 11:35pm

Here is another nice one found on craigslist.
$14,000
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5817179260.html
00W0W_hG7oEsEUkKM_1200x900.jpg

I have a 1989 tiger mobile home, it has 77000 miles on it it's in very good condition it is always garaged never seen the weather parking outside I just put new tires on it not too long ago so the tires are in good condition has all the combinations in the back as a for the microwave stove countertop sink dad's couch table so please if you're interested give me a call after phone number about...
Attachments
denvertiger.pdf
(335.46 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Wanted Tiger Provan
    by hiestand » July 5th 2020, 1:26pm in Vans For Sale
    0 Replies
    Last post by hiestand View the latest post
    July 5th 2020, 1:26pm
  • 2001 AstroVan AWD for sale
    by renickh » May 6th 2020, 6:43pm in Vans For Sale
    1 Replies
    Last post by PowerCamper View the latest post
    June 12th 2020, 4:18am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    September 25th 2020, 8:49am

Re: Provan Tigers for Sale thread

Postby WoodButcher » October 13th 2016, 12:11am

That is nice Will but isn't 14k kinda steep?
If the guy had a V8 conversion w/ 4x4 maybe.
What is the average?
WoodButcher
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Postby AstroWill [OP] » October 13th 2016, 12:36am

Well, it really is about condition and I haven't seen this one in person. Being low mileage and garaged for it's life does add a lot of value. And lots of people like the GT so they can park it in their garage.

Under $5,000 is usually a lot of abused junk. $6-12,000 is a good sweet spot for them, nothing major wrong with decent but used interiors.

$13-20,000+ are for super nice ones with the features that you are looking for.

These are really a niche market, that a lot seem to want to enter. They don't tend to stay for sale for very long, usually a few days to a few weeks. For the size they really pack a lot of value, and if you aren't looking to spend $125,000+ on a new one, sometimes these older ones will work well for you.

All in all, it might take longer to sell, but I would not be surprised to see it go for the asking price to the right person. Heck, some people want $8,000 for a cargo with as much mileage.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years

Postby AstroWill [OP] » October 13th 2016, 10:51pm

image.jpeg

My girlfriend and I just bought this not long ago and it is not going to work for us. We are going to end up purchasing a 23' class C rv. I bought it from a lady who purchased it about a year, to a year and a half ago. She had purchased it from a couple who are supposed to be her close friends and the original owners. All the work had been done when they owned it. I was told the hard top was done by a rv dealer and is professional. They were tired of popping up the top and at one point one of the mechanisms had broke and they decided then to change it. It looks like they used aluminum. It does say rebuilt/restored on the title because the dealer did the hard top. 4x4 has high and low range and I have the number to the shop that did it here in Salt Lake City. It has heavy duty rear springs and I have the papers on what size/model they are. The couple she bought it from did a complete tune up before she bought it. Supposed to be new fuel filter, belts, hoses etc.. I was told it was a $1,200.00 job. It has excellent tires all around and it drives great. It starts right up and runs great. When you first start and it's cold, there is a little bit of smoke and then goes away immediately right after that and doesn't smoke at all. It has only 47,000 original miles. All the lights, turn signals, horn, gas gauge etc.. all work as they should. The front end feels solid and it actually is quiet driving down the freeway. There's a little play in the steering wheel but other than that it feels tight. I have only driven it about 40 miles on the freeway but that told me everything I needed to know for a highway drive. I think it would go across country no problem. All the interior lights worked except a couple needed bulbs. The water pump works and it has all the appliances etc.. in tact. I haven't Tested water, stove, fridge, toilet, shower and heater. I was told everything works and the fridge gets super cold. Everything was supposed to be used in the last couple months. If I get time at some point before it's sold I'll update. The dash has some damage on the right side and there is damage on the plywood under the bed. This piece can be replaced. There is avens cover missing j. The front. The was revealed with silver stuff from the past owner and said there were no leaks. The ladder is sturdy and works well. The gas door cover was taken off at at one point and there are screws showing from who repaired it. The headliner is saggy in the front can and needs repaired. Overall this van is in nice condition, super low miles, 4x4. It needs cleaned up a little and basic repairs and systems checked. Pictures and info should explain most everything. Please only call, text or email if you are a very serious buyer. 801-898-5865 salt lake, Ut. Thanks!

1989 4x4 47,000 o.g miles hard top
$10,000

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby The Drummer » October 14th 2016, 12:52am

I love the red one , only needs a trailer full of drums and a small bike .
''USE THE TORQUE LUKE ''

and beware of trees ,them nasty wooden things are evil .
The Drummer
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: The Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: SLT 4.3 AWD

Postby cdlenfert » October 14th 2016, 2:27am

Yeah that is the best looking original paint I've ever seen on an 89. Amazing condition
——————————————
89 Astro Provan Tiger, 91K
——————————————
cdlenfert
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: cdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: Provan Tiger GT

Postby dcloye » October 14th 2016, 4:03am

South San Francisco Bay
1989 Tiger by Provan - $9995 (willow glen / cambrian)
Looks nicely maintained.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/5827331562.html
dcloye
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: dcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA): WikiMouse
Van Model Year: 2001

Postby cdlenfert » October 14th 2016, 4:20am

Owner has an 8.5K offer already. Been in contact asking about the leveling jacks on the unit. Also owner had it for 14yrs. Not passed around much. Looks like a good one
——————————————
89 Astro Provan Tiger, 91K
——————————————
cdlenfert
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Fueling (1/2 tank)
Years of Membership: cdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full yearscdlenfert has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: Provan Tiger GT

Postby AstroWill [OP] » October 25th 2016, 1:40am

I was just about to post about an 01 XL for $25,000, to find out that it was already sold.

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby CopperFiremistCopperFiremist is online! » October 25th 2016, 1:48am

Pullin The Pass
CopperFiremistCopperFiremist is online!
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Years of Membership: CopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 24
Alias (AKA): B
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: LS Swap

Postby AstroWill [OP] » November 2nd 2016, 6:19pm

Up again for sale, seen this one before.
00r0r_iTQok0V8D0i_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_iTQok0V8D0i_1200x900.jpg (31.58 KiB) Viewed 20443 times

https://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/5857624706.html
$19500
97 Tiger XL camper RV. Built on the Chevy Astro Van: 2-WHEEL DRIVE, 4.3L V-6 motor, Automatic trans w/ overdrive, less than 3000 miles on new motor. 110K total miles.
Also new brakes, water pump, battery, ball joints. throttle body injector assembly.
Smogged and Ready to go anywhere.
Camper includes galley w/ double sink, 2-burner stovetop, 3-way fridg, thermostat controlled furnace. Enclosed head with shower and toilet. 8 gal propane tank. Separate cabin battery.
EXCELLENT upholstery, and overall physical and mechanical condition.
This is one the most solid small RVs made. The Tiger is comparable to the VW westfalia,Toyota Sunrader and Sportsmobile RVs
The wider cabin body allows it to be shorter, 17 ft in length bumper to bumper, without sacrificing interior space. Cozy, but will Sleep two in dinette conversion, and two in cabover berth with is 75" in sleeping length. Otherwise super comfortable camping for 2 people. There is 6'-3" headroom. Lots of interior storage.
Can be parked in a standard size parking space.
No dents or scratches. Has trailer receiver hitch.
Easily cruises at 70-75 MPH and averages 14-16 MPG.
Price is 19,500 Cash only. No trades .
Email, call or text for more info or pics.
IF READING this ad, Tiger is available.
Thanks

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby cathairez » November 2nd 2016, 7:49pm

Ohhhh these are nice, I've never encountered one.
cathairez
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: cathairez has been a member for 3 full yearscathairez has been a member for 3 full yearscathairez has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Extra Info: Its green

Postby TurnNburn » November 2nd 2016, 8:49pm

whoa cool! I didn't know they made a second gen Tiger! Woof, 19 big ones?!
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
Build thread- https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?t=103066"
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years
Alias (AKA): iGoogle
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 Overlander

Postby The Drummer » November 3rd 2016, 1:09am

Nice one , i know that for most 19 k is a chunk o change , but if in good shape it just aint much for such a vehicle considering what you d get new for the same cash .
Last edited by The Drummer on November 3rd 2016, 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.
''USE THE TORQUE LUKE ''

and beware of trees ,them nasty wooden things are evil .
The Drummer
Years of Membership: The Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full yearsThe Drummer has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: SLT 4.3 AWD

Postby TurnNburn » November 3rd 2016, 6:29am

When you say it like that, you have a very good point. especially if AWD swapped.
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years

Postby AstroWill [OP] » November 3rd 2016, 2:33pm

They made them in AWD, just most people don't need it. They still make them on the full sized trucks, starting at $125,000. However, I don't think you can compare the older ones to the newer ones, they are in a different class.

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby AstroWill [OP] » December 20th 2016, 4:33am

Really rough XL that is IMO, um, overpriced.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rv ... 07172.html
1990 Tiger Provan XL for sale - $15000 (S Los Angeles)
craigslist wrote:For sale sell is a 1990 Tiger Provan XL , All wheel drive, 350 V8 5.7L, Automatic, Everything works, runs great, no check engine lights. Has near new all terrain tires nitrogen filled, near new shocks, all interior light are updated led type, water heater, cabin heater, cabin A/C, 3 way fridge, stove, sink water pump all recently serviced with receipts. This RV also has microwave, Onan 2800 generator with 270 Hrs recently serviced, has working shower and flushing toilet, tow package, has dash A/C, recently replaced anti lock brakes cpu. has transmission cooler, manual windows and door locks, power steering, no air bags, recently installed extend a stay propane adapter. Has a basic am/fm radio with 3.5 aux input and no TV installed. This RV fits legally in any standard parking space L 17.5ft / W 7ft / H 10ft. Interior is in good shape, does need the headliner above driver and passenger seat to be reattached held by pushpins. Exterior does have have some issues there is break in the seams above passenger door and behind passenger/driver doors. dings on cabin entry door, dent on driver side rear corner and dent passenger rear wheel wheel. No leaks from roof that I am aware of. There is rust at tow hitch and generator cover, paint is dull and has no clear coat, there are some minor residual glue from where their use to be decals . Clean Carfax report, car is listed with V6 but it has been swapped for a V8 by a previous owner at a unknown time. I have had no issues passing smog since I have owned it for last 2 years. I'm selling to have extra cash to renovate an apartment I am buying. Happy Holidays!
1990 Chevy Tiger Provan
VIN: 1GCDL15Z2LB220934
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 175000
paint color: white
size / dimensions: 17.5ft x 7ft x 10ft Height
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

00q0q_iaST56kQOzD_1200x900.jpg

a little off.jpg
Attachments
00a0a_aRh6sYRCJFr_1200x900.jpg
00a0a_fEaEAaA1PcN_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_bfQAYVrgfN_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_biizjdYCgpG_1200x900.jpg
00i0i_7N35dwSHAk7_1200x900.jpg
00l0l_5i2CZnVq8RU_1200x900.jpg
00m0m_4slPcFuG3Nq_1200x900.jpg
00o0o_azZmpYf53T_1200x900.jpg
00Q0Q_al8SLnA0qRJ_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_b8XSRO4s1U3_1200x900.jpg
00t0t_8wx2hjlWizJ_1200x900.jpg
00v0v_6XZ6LJ1uI43_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_1c7XXCxyuxd_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_9aOgB3gjfwo_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_4a9lWMnEwXy_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_it6YVmdayp6_1200x900.jpg
00404_5h3WehfsM2A_1200x900.jpg
00404_90vRqx3JMFU_1200x900.jpg
00606_4iQdqb4sa3F_1200x900.jpg
00606_jnY8Ic7Dptd_1200x900.jpg
00707_9nKDD9eEiEE_1200x900.jpg
00808_9gYpRVjMtK2_1200x900.jpg

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby TurnNburn » December 20th 2016, 6:52am

AWD and V8 swapped? That's kind of cool. To bad it has seen it's best days already.
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)

Postby AstroWill [OP] » December 20th 2016, 6:03pm

TurnNburn wrote:AWD and V8 swapped? That's kind of cool. To bad it has seen it's best days already.

I think you used to be able to have the tops made for about 2k, don't know if that is the case anymore. He can ask all day, usually Tigers are gone pretty quickly, I have a feeling that if he is sticking to his asking price that it's going to take a while to sell that one.

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby WoodButcher » December 21st 2016, 2:43am

That van is only good for parts and that would need to be seen. That poor thing is twisted.
WoodButcher
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Next