Provan Tigers for Sale thread - Affiliation Allowed

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

Re: Provan Tigers for Sale thread - Affiliation Allowed

Postby AstroWill [OP] » April 14th 2019, 8:33pm

97 AWD GT with 101k miles with new tires and batteries. Drives great and just back from a short trip to southern utah.

A freaking steal at the asking price of $20k
Contact Jerry at the link below
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tigerow ... t3228.html
487_6107c88d6d47f896368b8143b7fd90ea.jpg

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 106
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Wanted Tiger Provan
    by hiestand » July 5th 2020, 1:26pm in Vans For Sale
    0 Replies
    Last post by hiestand View the latest post
    July 5th 2020, 1:26pm
  • 2001 AstroVan AWD for sale
    by renickh » May 6th 2020, 6:43pm in Vans For Sale
    1 Replies
    Last post by PowerCamper View the latest post
    June 12th 2020, 4:18am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    September 25th 2020, 7:15am

Postby fisherman1 » April 15th 2019, 12:32am

WARNING---this 1993 Tiger GT sold on EBAY early in March,2019 for $13,200. If the new owner drove the Tiger from LA to the San Francisco Bay Area, had it serviced, and reposted it on the Los Gatos Craigslist for $19999--- why did he use essentially the same text and pictures as the EBAY listing? Could be a possible scam!
fisherman1
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: fisherman1 has been a member for 1 full year
Alias (AKA):

Postby Astro Pop » April 25th 2019, 10:31pm

Astro Pop
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: Astro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 41
Alias (AKA): Xfirepop
Van Model Year: 1996
Extra Info: AWD - 5 inch lift

RUGGEDIZED Tiger Clone AWD 2004 ASTRO may be for sale

Postby LAZ 1 » April 25th 2019, 11:52pm

In May I am leaving Mexico, returning to Canada. Along the way, I plan to ramble around Arizina, ending up in mid May at the OVERLAND WEST event near Flagstaff, Arizona. Then North to Washington for the Burning Van get together end of May.

I have decided I no longer NEED a mini motorhome for my Winters in Mexico. I just do not wander around as much as I used to, and now rent a Casita when in Mexico instead of living in my RV. So for now, due to lifestyle chages, my 2005 AWD Safari van should be adequate for my twice a year road trips between Canada and Mexico. I really do not need two vehicles any more.

My RUGGEDIZED 2004 AWD Astro motoorhome build, The SILVER STREAK, has awell maintained excellent drive train. New brakes, rebuilt transfer case, great oil pressure, adequate power to push the RV up to 80 mph. But it does have several minor issues like worn seats, door locks, air bag light on, A/C leak at a replacable line, right signal light does not turn off automatically, etc.

NEW 235/75/16 LT tires, Overland vans HEAVY DUTY rear springs, towers, shackles, and frame brace ( EXPENSIVE!), new front shocks. Handles well on the hiway and in the dirt. With 5" of lift in the rear, it does ride " firmly" when not loaded up, which is not usual for most Tiger conversions, with their old, tired, beat down springs.

The windshield is cracked, a side window is broken, and some trim and exterior repairs are required ( dam those narrow streets and low hanging tree branches), but I have insurance for these.

The interior is REAL OAK panelling, with basic lay out finally decided on, but not yet complete. There are possibilities to finish the interior to suit the buyer. Current design sleeps 4, 2 over cab, 2 on couch that pulls out ( both Full size) with removable/portable stove, water, fridge, toilet. Nothing planned as built in except for the sink, cabinets, beds, and storage. On board 12V/110V power box an option, as is solar recharging and extra house battery. Also available is a fresh 233 Transfer case to convert to true 4X4.

I have about $10,000 invested, plus four months of skilled labor. The price is completely negotiable depending on where it is sold, if delivery required, interior finishing and options.

I expect a minimum of $10,000 for this rig ... compare to a worn out Tiger, a VW 4X4 van, or even any similar small RV

Some trades or part trades considered,
eg
BMW GS or Vstrom 1000 adventure touring motorcycle
Small boat, but only on a trailer, RIBs considered
Mid drive electric FAT bicycle
Certain firearms
Certain rare weird vehicles ...
JDM AWD/4WD Micro vans, like the Subaru Sambar

Contact me by PM for more details, or to arrange viewing
during my trip North.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1542504667392.jpg
LAZ 1
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: LAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 48
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

OVERLAND EXPO West Cool Ride Contest

Postby LAZ 1 » April 27th 2019, 2:27pm

Please vote for my 2004 AWD ASTRO Mini Motorhome.
I will be at the Overland West Expo May 15 - 19.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =584201773

https://www.overlandexpo.com/cool-ride# ... NRTG6oDhns
LAZ 1
Years of Membership: LAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full yearsLAZ 1 has been a member for 6 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby LAZ 1 » May 3rd 2019, 4:25am

To anyone thinking about building anAstro/Safari TIGER inspired mini motorhome,
in my opinion DIY ROCKS!
As great as the old Tigers were, they are now mostly collectible pieces of history. And the RV style exteriors, never were designed to scramble through trees, rocks, BALCONIES, and telephone poles leaning into narrow streets ... all of which my RUGGEDIZED Mini motorhome has rubbed up against, and mostly survived with cosmetic surface damage ( not structural).

IF
you can substitute your semi skilled labor for big $$$ custom or factory built OVERLAND vehicles, the savings can be tremendous, and you build only EXACTLY what you need. Plus, you are INTIMATELY acquainted with your build, so know how to fix everything. Add in PRIDE of accomplishment, and the rewards of building your own rig are considerable.

If you want to build an Astro/ Safari Mini Motorhome like mine, let me know. I am always willing to share my experience with like minded people. I also may be coaxed into helping with a build, for a small fee, in the right locations, at the right time.

When looking for a donor vehicle for an Astro/Safari camper or motorhome OVERLAND capable build, the very best bargains may require a bit of repairs. I prefer to buy low, and invest in any required repairs, either DIY, or professional with warranty, so I know exactly what I am getting.

Otherwise,
any AWD VAN already in good mechanical condition,
will usually have a very expensive initial purchase price.

Ideally, if you want a big box motorhome body like mine, you will be cutting off the tin shell, so look for a van with BODY DAMAGE ...
they will often sell very cheap.

Camperising a van, or building a motorhome body is easy, and either way, costs about the same $$ for materials, and about the same time for labor.

Cutting the body off completely from the cab back takes about an extra day. Building a big square box is all about straight lines and square angles. Easy for any semi skilled person with a table saw.

Camperising around the compound curves inside a van body, requires more time and skills to do a good job. This is more like a ship wright's skill set, than simple carpentry.

If you want to add a raised roof, then things can get "complicated". Personally, having done a few raised roof add ons to regular van bodys, I now prefer to simply hack everything off from the cab back, and build a simple box. However, attaching the box to the remaining chassis, is not a trivial exercise. Proper design, proper materials, and good fasteners are required.

But, after four van to motorhome builds, I did my last conversion in about two months of leisurely effort.
I invested time and labor instead of $$$.

Here is a pic of my first van to motorhome build ...
a 1971 VW van with a Kevlar and epoxy skin over 1/4" marine plywood. Notice the simple angles involved in the box ... more work, but much nicer STYLE. Simple, but elegant.
With no cab over, the wind resistance and gas mileage improve, weight and extra effort are minimised, and it looks cool. I rarely need the extra storage space in the cab over ( although for those with monitoring people, my current rig with cab over could easily sleep four). If I ever build another van to mini motorhome conversion, I may do something very similar.
(;-{)
Attachments
yimg-1113460264-9002--453951168 (1).jpg
LAZ 1
Alias (AKA):

Postby LAZ 1 » June 18th 2019, 5:28pm

My 2004 AWD ASTRO MINI MOTORHOME, the SILVER STREAK, is now FOR SALE.

This 2004 AWD Astro custom motorhome build was designed after the well respected Provan Tiger conversions, but it was built with an AWD chassis and more RUGGED suspension, bigger tires, and tougher exterior, to survive travel down remote back roads, aka, OVERLANDING.

This RV has been well maintained, with an excellent drive train, and is inspected before and after every Mexican adventure. There are a few minor issues to sort out ... driver PW is slowww, sticky power door lock, right signal light does not turn off automatically, etc.

The interior is OAK panelling, with a 6' counter top along the right side, and a fold down bench seat along the left side that sleeps two. There is a portapotti, 12 V fridge, and propane 2 burner camp stove that all can come out for campgrounds. Lots of interior and exterior storage ... the cabover compartment is 54" wide x 48" long, with more storage under the bed, and in the cabinets.

Near NEW oversize WINTER RATED 245/70/16 tires, Overland Vans HEAVY DUTY ( EXPENSIVE!) rear springs, towers, shackles, and frame brace , new front shocks. With 4" of lift, it handles well on the hiway and in the dirt.

This van was built specifically for OVERLANDING, and for long term living aboard, with enough storage room and living space for serious adventures. But it is still small and nimble enough to get in and out of interesting places. This is a well thought out and very cost effective solution for Overlanding.

Recent inspection report, and lots of documentation. 180 K miles/297,000 kms.

Asking $10,500.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1542504667392.jpg
Beach time in Mexico
20190501_184029.jpg
20190501_184119.jpg
20190501_184051.jpg
LAZ 1
Alias (AKA):

Postby ericstg » August 9th 2019, 6:33am

2003 AWD Astro Cargo, 3+1(plus a shackle) lift, LT245/75R16, it's badass!

viewtopic.php?f=127&t=129113
ericstg
250k+ Miles
250k+ Miles
Years of Membership: ericstg has been a member for 2 full yearsericstg has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: AWD Cargo

Postby AstroWill [OP] » August 15th 2019, 6:42pm

Ouch, this one isn't pretty, and it's not an Astro based Tiger, but if you don't care about looks/etc then it's a cheap way to get into a full sized Tiger.
1999 Provan Tiger CX - $12000 (Lakewood)

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/den ... 39172.html

VIN: 1GCGC24U9XE194815
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 116487
paint color: white
rv type: class C
size / dimensions: 19 1/2 ft length
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
Tiger CX coach - mounted on 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500. Selling as a “rebuildable” due to left side coach damage and partial damage to cab. Main damage is to top corner roof area. Partial damage to driver side door. Two water leaks roof. Left side damage to exterior paneling cover to fridge cooling system. Fridge is fully functional as is three burner cook top, water heater, furnace, interior lights, propane tank, inverter, water pump, microwave, ceiling fan and coach AC. Awning in excellent condition. Toilet, shower and kitchen sink all operable, however water pump not used due to water tank leak. Water containers used in interim. “Black” water tank replaced 2013. Brakes work well but ABS unit needs addressing. New 6.0 Long Block Engine installed 2013. Mileage to date 11,000. Overall mileage on RV 116,000. RV is in excellent running condition. Cab and captain seats in excellent condition as is combination couch/bed and upper bed mattress. Tires in excellent condition 13,000 miles.
Attachments
99tigercx_lakewood_co_lotsofdamage.pdf
(3.86 MiB) Downloaded 26 times

Trolls take away from productive work, best to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your business.
Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years

Postby rtb » August 20th 2019, 10:46am

This one popped up today

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/colorado-springs-astro-tiger-provan-gt/6960135719.html

$9500

Uniquely customized, head turning 1991 Tiger Provan that has been recently refreshed including new canvas, popup panels and headliners for both the RV and Astro van cab areas.

Exterior and interior customization work was done by well known Denver area custom show car builder David Cox a few years back but still looks great. I just finished rebuilding the pop up top and doing a few other repairs so it is now ready to get back out on the highway and have some new adventures.

I rescue, repair and rehome old Tiger GT's as a hobby. I treat the rehoming part of each one of these old treasures more like an adoption process than a sale. Call me for further info about the vehicle and to present your story of why you are well suited to be the next keeper of this unique old Tiger.

This one is ideally suited for long road trips, van life adventures, car shows, cruise nights and tailgate parties. It can also be your head turning daily driver.

If still posted it is still for sale and I do not need any help selling it.

key words: camper van, class B, #vanlife, astro van, astro camper, pop up, show van, show car, provan, roadtrek, pleasure way, VW camper
rtb
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: rtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full yearsrtb has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: AWD CPI

Postby Deachy » August 20th 2019, 7:56pm

Deachy
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Deachy has been a member for 1 full year
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Taylor
Van Model Year: 1989

Postby AstroWill [OP] » August 21st 2019, 3:54pm

That 89 is clean! The 91 not so much my style but looks well taken care of.

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Postby AstroWill [OP] » November 13th 2019, 11:27am

91 XL AWD currently $9100 reserve not met https://www.ebay.com/itm/254413468343
Looks pretty good from here, if I was closer to NC I would go check this one out.

88GT $17,000 or best offer https://www.ebay.com/itm/283666687186 https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=140900
No shower, no toilet, different layout, be careful of those lift panels, check the waist line for rot. Seems a bit overpriced to me, but does have a new canvas, recently rebuilt engine, and from the limited images looks to be in decent shape. Not enough pictures to really tell though.

Original Poster [OP]
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re-listing my 2004 AWD ASTRO Tiger inspired motorhome build

Postby LAZ 1 » January 9th 2020, 1:32am

Too much to list here. See the add from last year above in thiscthread .

This 2004 AWD ASTRO was converted into a minimalistic home for wayward wanderers, aka an OVERLAND rig.

Starting underneath with Overland Vans full HEAVY DUTY rear suspension package, on to the real Oak interior, and the Aluminum and thick Black rubber checkerplate exterior. This van has been on the road since the conversion three years ago, and has had two successful Winters in Mexico. Currently bouncing along " THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED" in Baja, Sur, Mexico.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1542504667392.jpg
LAZ 1
Alias (AKA):

Postby dcloye » April 12th 2020, 3:00am

Did you ever sell your "Re-list(ed) 2004 AWD ASTRO Tiger inspired motorhome build" ???
dcloye
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: dcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full yearsdcloye has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA): WikiMouse
Van Model Year: 2001

Previous