Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Provan Tigers for Sale thread - Affiliation Allowed

83K views 141 replies 36 participants last post by  rtb 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is another nice one found on craigslist.
$14,000

00W0W_hG7oEsEUkKM_1200x900.jpg

I have a 1989 tiger mobile home, it has 77000 miles on it and it's in very good condition. It is always garaged never seen the weather parking outside. I just put new tires on it not too long ago so the tires are in good condition. It has all the combinations in the back as a for the microwave stove countertop sink and dad's couch table so please, if you're interested, give me a call.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, it really is about condition and I haven't seen this one in person. Being low mileage and garaged for it's life does add a lot of value. And lots of people like the GT so they can park it in their garage.

Under $5,000 is usually a lot of abused junk. $6-12,000 is a good sweet spot for them, nothing major wrong with decent but used interiors.

$13-20,000+ are for super nice ones with the features that you are looking for.

These are really a niche market, that a lot seem to want to enter. They don't tend to stay for sale for very long, usually a few days to a few weeks. For the size they really pack a lot of value, and if you aren't looking to spend $125,000+ on a new one, sometimes these older ones will work well for you.

All in all, it might take longer to sell, but I would not be surprised to see it go for the asking price to the right person. Heck, some people want $8,000 for a cargo with as much mileage.

#4 ·
image.jpeg

My girlfriend and I just bought this not long ago and it is not going to work for us. We are going to end up purchasing a 23' class C rv. I bought it from a lady who purchased it about a year, to a year and a half ago. She had purchased it from a couple who are supposed to be her close friends and the original owners. All the work had been done when they owned it. I was told the hard top was done by a rv dealer and is professional. They were tired of popping up the top and at one point one of the mechanisms had broke and they decided then to change it. It looks like they used aluminum. It does say rebuilt/restored on the title because the dealer did the hard top. 4x4 has high and low range and I have the number to the shop that did it here in Salt Lake City. It has heavy duty rear springs and I have the papers on what size/model they are. The couple she bought it from did a complete tune up before she bought it. Supposed to be new fuel filter, belts, hoses etc.. I was told it was a $1,200.00 job. It has excellent tires all around and it drives great. It starts right up and runs great. When you first start and it's cold, there is a little bit of smoke and then goes away immediately right after that and doesn't smoke at all. It has only 47,000 original miles. All the lights, turn signals, horn, gas gauge etc.. all work as they should. The front end feels solid and it actually is quiet driving down the freeway. There's a little play in the steering wheel but other than that it feels tight. I have only driven it about 40 miles on the freeway but that told me everything I needed to know for a highway drive. I think it would go across country no problem. All the interior lights worked except a couple needed bulbs. The water pump works and it has all the appliances etc.. in tact. I haven't Tested water, stove, fridge, toilet, shower and heater. I was told everything works and the fridge gets super cold. Everything was supposed to be used in the last couple months. If I get time at some point before it's sold I'll update. The dash has some damage on the right side and there is damage on the plywood under the bed. This piece can be replaced. There is avens cover missing j. The front. The was revealed with silver stuff from the past owner and said there were no leaks. The ladder is sturdy and works well. The gas door cover was taken off at at one point and there are screws showing from who repaired it. The headliner is saggy in the front can and needs repaired. Overall this van is in nice condition, super low miles, 4x4. It needs cleaned up a little and basic repairs and systems checked. Pictures and info should explain most everything. Please only call, text or email if you are a very serious buyer. 801-898-5865 salt lake, Ut. Thanks!
1989 4x4 47,000 o.g miles hard top
$10,000

#11 ·
Up again for sale, seen this one before.
00r0r_iTQok0V8D0i_1200x900.jpg

https://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/5857624706.html
$19500
97 Tiger XL camper RV. Built on the Chevy Astro Van: 2-WHEEL DRIVE, 4.3L V-6 motor, Automatic trans w/ overdrive, less than 3000 miles on new motor. 110K total miles.
Also new brakes, water pump, battery, ball joints. throttle body injector assembly.
Smogged and Ready to go anywhere.
Camper includes galley w/ double sink, 2-burner stovetop, 3-way fridg, thermostat controlled furnace. Enclosed head with shower and toilet. 8 gal propane tank. Separate cabin battery.
EXCELLENT upholstery, and overall physical and mechanical condition.
This is one the most solid small RVs made. The Tiger is comparable to the VW westfalia,Toyota Sunrader and Sportsmobile RVs
The wider cabin body allows it to be shorter, 17 ft in length bumper to bumper, without sacrificing interior space. Cozy, but will Sleep two in dinette conversion, and two in cabover berth with is 75" in sleeping length. Otherwise super comfortable camping for 2 people. There is 6'-3" headroom. Lots of interior storage.
Can be parked in a standard size parking space.
No dents or scratches. Has trailer receiver hitch.
Easily cruises at 70-75 MPH and averages 14-16 MPG.
Price is 19,500 Cash only. No trades .
Email, call or text for more info or pics.
IF READING this ad, Tiger is available.
Thanks

#16 ·
They made them in AWD, just most people don't need it. They still make them on the full sized trucks, starting at $125,000. However, I don't think you can compare the older ones to the newer ones, they are in a different class.

#17 ·
Really rough XL that is IMO, um, overpriced.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rv ... 07172.html
1990 Tiger Provan XL for sale - $15000 (S Los Angeles)
craigslist said:
For sale sell is a 1990 Tiger Provan XL , All wheel drive, 350 V8 5.7L, Automatic, Everything works, runs great, no check engine lights. Has near new all terrain tires nitrogen filled, near new shocks, all interior light are updated led type, water heater, cabin heater, cabin A/C, 3 way fridge, stove, sink water pump all recently serviced with receipts. This RV also has microwave, Onan 2800 generator with 270 Hrs recently serviced, has working shower and flushing toilet, tow package, has dash A/C, recently replaced anti lock brakes cpu. has transmission cooler, manual windows and door locks, power steering, no air bags, recently installed extend a stay propane adapter. Has a basic am/fm radio with 3.5 aux input and no TV installed. This RV fits legally in any standard parking space L 17.5ft / W 7ft / H 10ft. Interior is in good shape, does need the headliner above driver and passenger seat to be reattached held by pushpins. Exterior does have have some issues there is break in the seams above passenger door and behind passenger/driver doors. dings on cabin entry door, dent on driver side rear corner and dent passenger rear wheel wheel. No leaks from roof that I am aware of. There is rust at tow hitch and generator cover, paint is dull and has no clear coat, there are some minor residual glue from where their use to be decals . Clean Carfax report, car is listed with V6 but it has been swapped for a V8 by a previous owner at a unknown time. I have had no issues passing smog since I have owned it for last 2 years. I'm selling to have extra cash to renovate an apartment I am buying. Happy Holidays!
1990 Chevy Tiger Provan
VIN: 1GCDL15Z2LB220934
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 175000
paint color: white
size / dimensions: 17.5ft x 7ft x 10ft Height
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
00q0q_iaST56kQOzD_1200x900.jpg

a little off.jpg

Attachments

#19 ·
TurnNburn said:
AWD and V8 swapped? That's kind of cool. To bad it has seen it's best days already.
I think you used to be able to have the tops made for about 2k, don't know if that is the case anymore. He can ask all day, usually Tigers are gone pretty quickly, I have a feeling that if he is sticking to his asking price that it's going to take a while to sell that one.

#23 ·
I'd imagine someone did a bit more "wheeling" than a chopped up astro is capable of.
I slid my '97 off the road one day and where it stopped had the driver's rear wheel in the air. The body was twisted far enough the barn doors jammed and I have a full un-cut body.
Cutting the rear to put a camper shell opens up a can of worms and this van is the result.If I owned one of these my first priority would be building a frame underneath.

#25 ·
It is repairable. It would take a while. It is wood framed like a house on the camper part. I think they overloaded the upper sleeping part with their luggage traveling. Looks to have water damage to me so I would say it leaks.

Take the interior walls out replace what is questionable and add bracing. Basically plywood panels over the studs on the inside before the interior walls. That would add alot of strength.

If you did the work yourself it wouldn't cost that much. I think 3 grand I could have it like new and a new paint job to boot.

But because of the damage I would expect to get it much cheaper. Start barking structural damage and point at the sleeper being tweaked and the side pulling away. If they don't come down move on.

#26 ·
chevymaher said:
It is repairable. It would take a while. It is wood framed like a house on the camper part. I think they overloaded the upper sleeping part with their luggage traveling. Looks to have water damage to me so I would say it leaks.
The Tigers are aluminum framed and aluminum skinned. They do have some wood between the aluminum frame and the skin though. I have a feeling that there are multiple reasons for that tweak, maybe an accident where they did have stuff stored on the bunk above the cab? Hurricane? Who knows.

Definitely has had water intrusion, either in the past, or currently.

See the frame here viewtopic.php?f=127&t=59441
inside_back.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.