1999 Astro cargo - Listed here first

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

1999 Astro cargo - Listed here first

Postby PaulyFL [OP] » January 28th 2017, 8:50pm

Up for sale is my 1999 Chevy Astro base cargo with just under 45,000 miles on it and it has cargo partition and shelves. This Astro cargo does not have a window in the sliding door - only the rear barn doors have windows. it is located in Deerfield Beach FL (about 20 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale). Asking $5,500 OBO.

This is an UN-molested Astro. No one has hacked anything on this unit. The paint is still shiny - including the roof. Its first owner was a company that only used it on its corporate campus, kept it parked in a garage, and left it plain white (no ghost lettering).

I am the 2nd and 4th owner. The 3rd owner was a friend's kid, who had it one month then decided to move to Hawaii, so I bought it back - would have been cheaper to rent it to him....

Pictures here on craigslist: https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5980015631.html

I did have the driver's side seat repaired because I lucked out on fleabay and found the OEM fabric by the yard. Here it is before being re-installed into the van:

[gallery][/gallery]64529

Many mechanical items done to it:

- Complete Tune Up
- New Intake manifold gaskets (with new coolant and oil change)
- New battery
- New tires
- New blower controller
- New sliding door light switch and rubbers
- All new filters
- Various vac hoses replaced

Nice to haves done:

- Interior lights to LEDs (except map lights)
- New Silverstar sealed beam headlights
- Driver's seat professional repaired by upholstery shop
- License plate light change to LED.
- New drip moulding rubber installed on passenger side.
- New amber front turn and marker bulbs (regular not LED)

The bad:

- Someone put a screw through the outside sheetmetal when installing a now gone shelf. The hole is currently siliconed up, as you cannot get to the back of it due to the wall support. Passenger side - up high just behind the sliding door.
- Rear view mirror shoe popped off the other day. Trying to fix...
- Dash bezel is cracked and breaking. I have a pewter colored replacement bezel instead of blue. Have not installed yet, but will include.
- Still has stock AM/FM stereo set up - never got to change it out.

I mostly used the van to go up and back to Palm Beach International Raceway (old MOROSO Speedway) about twice a month, which is 100 miles round trip, and it never gives me any problems on the highway or in town.

I don't have time to work on it anymore due to new responsibilities at work and I don't want to see it sit either. Would rather it goes to someone that will use and enjoy it whether that be for work or fun.

If interested - message me and I'll reply with my phone #. Then we can text or talk.
Original Poster [OP]
PaulyFL
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: PaulyFL has been a member for 4 full yearsPaulyFL has been a member for 4 full yearsPaulyFL has been a member for 4 full yearsPaulyFL has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 12
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1997
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLE RWD passenger