---SOLD--- 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - $5500 NC

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

---SOLD--- 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - $5500 NC

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » September 29th 2017, 9:55pm

The lift on this van is a 4" Overland Vans kit L9605-4LK found here http://www.overlandvans.com/0104_liftkits.html

135,537 miles on van located in Fayetteville, NC. I'll start off by saying why I'm selling it. I initially bought it to throw my paramotor (flying machine thingy) in it for trips and be able to lock it up and go do something else if I want because I can't with my current truck for fear of the paramotor being stolen. Now I've realized that travelling in the same air as my paramotor or trying to sleep in the van causes me to smell its gas all the time so I've decided the truck with a topper is better. Anyway....

Disclaimer: I am not a mechanic so someone here will surely have better luck with the right tools and my terminology in this description may not be perfect.

It looks awesome but there is more that can be done to just the front end. The rear is ready to go and only on the middle shackle hole so it could be lifted even more! On the front I was not able to remove the Torsion Keys from the torsion bars on the van, I think they are fused together. I simply left the old torsion keys installed so I will include the new ones in hope that you're better at this.

This van was from Vermont and it was clear that during the salty winters it did not get much attention at the car wash. There are six points where the body connects to the frame up front and you install the body blocks (I'll say pucks) that came with the lift kit. Four I installed no issue but the two spots up front were rusted out. Even if I could get the bolts out (which just spin due to what they're normally locked into being rusted loose) and put the new bolts and puck in, the puck would be solidly connected to the frame but only connected to a small piece of metal which is no longer connected to the body due to rust (on both sides). Now with the right welding tools this may be simple but I don't have that. I talked to an offroad shop to see if driving like this is dangerous and they said no, but due to not getting the beefier torsion keys and the last two pucks in, you're not getting the full 4" lift up front. I'll include all extras so you can remedy this of course.

All shocks have been changed with the 5112 and 5152 Rancho Shock Absorbers from the kit and the two leaf springs and shackles have been changed.

Due to the rust the brake lines were thinning out so I replaced all of them up front as well as the brake hoses. The rear were good. The whole system has been completely flushed and there's not an ounce of dirty fluid in there or a rusty brake line. While down there I replaced the front calipers, brackets, brake pads, and rotors. I've driven about 200 miles on the brakes and they work great.

Right when I got the van I flushed the AWD transfer case twice just in case and it runs fine.

The service engine soon light is on because a new mass air flow sensor was installed and due to it not being original the light stays on I am told.

The heat works awesome but the cool air does not at the moment. It did a few months ago when I pumped the autozone refill in there. AKA there is a leak in a line which I think I actually saw when under the van.

The locking switch on the door works for the back doors but not the front (I just lock them by hand). The van sometimes does this weird thing when you go over bumps it will lock the doors automatically. Kind of funny. I've heard it's maybe due to the dirty contacts on the door which I haven't tried cleaning. It actually didn't do it once when I offroaded for these pictures sooo....

No spare wheel included but the jack kit is.

You will also see the Bumper relocation brackets in the picture which is so the bumper looks right when you lift the front. That comes with as well.

This van can handle some serious sand which is cool for around here because we have beach camping. I'd probably throw on bigger tires and air them down before Carolina beach but this van could handle it and would be awesome for camping. Hope you take interest to this van. It has some great potential for someone who knows what they're doing.
Attachments
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
Last edited by Mhuncote on September 29th 2017, 10:58pm, edited 2 times in total.
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Mhuncote has been a member for 3 full yearsMhuncote has been a member for 3 full yearsMhuncote has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Mark
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - Taking Offers

Postby AstroWill » September 29th 2017, 10:24pm

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business.
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: I love peaches

Postby TurnNburn » September 29th 2017, 10:34pm

How much are you asking?

What is that bracket in the 3rd to last picture?
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
Build thread- https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?t=103066"
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): iGoogle
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 Overlander

Postby AstroWill » September 29th 2017, 10:37pm

Bumper relocation bracket would be my guess.

Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years

Postby TurnNburn » September 29th 2017, 10:41pm

Oooooh I can see that. Those are pretty stout! Not listed in OLV parts list though. Puts the brackets I used to shame!
2000 Astro- Camperized, bumpers, lifted, LS 5.3 V8, 4x4 T-case, Truetrac rear locker, 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2's
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
Build thread- https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?t=103066"
TurnNburn
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Green Status (L4)
Green Status (L4)
Years of Membership: TurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full yearsTurnNburn has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): iGoogle
Extra Info: 5.3 4x4 Overlander

Postby WimpTech » September 29th 2017, 10:43pm

Yeah his are STOUT, waaay better than those WimpTech piles of garbage.
WimpTech - Precision Guesswork... Questionable Results.

My Van Build: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=103714
My Other Van: http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3013 ... ersion-Van
WimpTech
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: WimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): =Wimpy=
Extra Info: AWD 3+1 Lift

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » September 29th 2017, 10:56pm

I'm not sure if there is a way to respond directly to someone since this is my first posting. TurnNburn the other guys are correct, those are bumper relocation brackets. I didn't realize a price was required so here it is $5500. Thanks for your interest!
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Mhuncote has been a member for 3 full yearsMhuncote has been a member for 3 full yearsMhuncote has been a member for 3 full years

Re: 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - $5500

Postby AstroWill » September 29th 2017, 10:58pm

Thanks for the price, I added it to the title of the thread. For future reference, you can edit your post for a period of time after posting.

AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director

Re: 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - $5500 Fayetteville, N

Postby samicus » September 30th 2017, 11:16pm

What gear ratio is on there?
samicus
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: samicus has been a member for 3 full yearssamicus has been a member for 3 full yearssamicus has been a member for 3 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » October 1st 2017, 4:07pm

Not sure. Where can you find this?
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby 1lowcab » October 1st 2017, 4:19pm

Post a pic of the RPO codes and we can tell you what it has.
1lowcab
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: 1lowcab has been a member for 4 full years1lowcab has been a member for 4 full years1lowcab has been a member for 4 full years1lowcab has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 58
Alias (AKA):

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » October 1st 2017, 11:00pm

GT4 Rear Axle: 3.73 Ratio
Attachments
20171001_175603.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby WinnieVan » October 8th 2017, 8:19pm

You consider selling the bumper brackets separately? I'll just use the wimptech solution -- but those look pretty nice!
WinnieVan
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: WinnieVan has been a member for 3 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 3 full yearsWinnieVan has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 63
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Extra Info: AWD

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » October 18th 2017, 3:49am

I'm going to attempt to sell it all together first but thank you.
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Postby Meterpig » October 18th 2017, 5:59am

All you need is some leftover bed frame (hollywood frame). That's what someone did for me. Strong as needed.
How many sensors, fuses or computers does a Bw4472 need? Zero.

1999-2005 FSM PDF (Torrent) https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent/30867489/astro_safari_van_fsm_factory_service_manaul

2004 Astro-https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-F7bd6R/
Meterpig
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: Meterpig has been a member for 6 full yearsMeterpig has been a member for 6 full yearsMeterpig has been a member for 6 full yearsMeterpig has been a member for 6 full yearsMeterpig has been a member for 6 full yearsMeterpig has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 63
Alias (AKA): meterpig
Van Model Year: 2002
Extra Info: Not a minivan

Postby Mhuncote [OP] » December 30th 2017, 10:58pm

SOLD :screaming:
Original Poster [OP]
Mhuncote
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)

Re: ---SOLD--- 2003 AWD Safari 4" Lift for sale - $5500 NC

Postby AstroWill » December 31st 2017, 2:20am

Congrats and thanks for updating!

AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director