97 Astro LT35 RWD For Sale.Atlanta.Needs Engine

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

97 Astro LT35 RWD For Sale.Atlanta.Needs Engine

Postby AstroDrummz [OP] » November 19th 2020, 1:00am

97 Astro Conversion van (4.3l V6 Vortec RWD with M30 4 speed Auto transmission).It has a spun bearing, so it needs an engine swap. I just do not have time to do the job, and I'm upgrading to a truck with a V8. The transmission is still running strong. I have owned the van for about 12 years and have driven it around 50k miles. Not a daily driver, but it has never given me any problems. It has brand new Hercules Terra Trac tires and 4 brand new OEM Ac Delco shocks.I put new oil cooler lines on it last year. Gold Battery is from 2016. I've replaced 2 of the 02 sensors and it always been able to pass the Georgia emissions test. The body has minimal rust as you can see from the pic of the shocks underneath. This would be a great project for the right person. The roof has minor surface rust. I did sand and spray the roof down when I first bought it, and it's time to do it again. The AC has never worked. The heat does work. The power steering pump has a slow leak. It has a gator grip serpentine belt I put on a few years ago. It does crank but it makes a loud clacking sound. I would not chance trying to drive it anywhere, so it will need to be towed or hauled away. I'm really hoping someone will see the potential of this van. I think it's too nice for the junk yard. It has been in Georgia for most of its life and kept in the garage .The paint is starting to fade on the hood and roof. The interior is in decent shape with various small tears in the upholstery surround but nothing major. Seats and captains chair are comfortable. It has extra 12volt recharge ports in front and back.The rear couch folds down into a flat bed. It has dutch doors on the back and all of the window motors work. I put a new window motor in the passenger side last year. It has retractible blinds on all of the factory windows.

I have a clear Georgia title in hand.

I'm asking $1,000 firm, and the reason for this is, I'm trying to get the money back I just dropped into the tires and shocks before the bearing spun. The tires and shocks have less than 500 miles on them.I need to get this thing out from under my garage to make room for its replacement. I really think it's a great starting point for a lift kit and rebuilt swap, I simply just do not have the time or the means necessary. Please message me here if you're interested or have questions. If you're seriously interested, you can text me at Four OH Four 668=8667 and we can go from there.

If you're more interested in the mechanical issue, you can see the original post and thread here: https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=144166
Thanks for looking!
Attachments
IMG_7634.JPG
IMG_7635.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
IMG_7637.JPG
IMG_7639.JPG
IMG_7641.JPG
IMG_7643.JPG
IMG_7645.JPG
IMG_7646.JPG
IMG_7648.JPG