2001 Safari SLE

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

2001 Safari SLE

Postby daryl [OP] » August 6th 2008, 5:52pm

I'm selling my 2001 Safari SLE. Current mileage is 131,000. White/beigh two tone, gray cloth interior, 2 bench seats in the rear; seats 8. Tilt, cruise, int. wipers, overhead console with trip computer, keyless entry, roof rack, aluminum wheels, PM, PW, PDL, front and rear air, AM/FM/CD 8 speaker stereo, tinted windows, drivers seat lumbar. Rear has dutch doors with the wiper/washer. Gets 20mpg highway. 2nd owner since Oct. 2004, non-smoker, no pets (just a lot of kids!). I have the carfax for it, which shows no accidents, etc. Michelin tires have 40K on the tread; they were an 80K tire I put on two years ago. Body is in excellent condition. There is one door ding on the drivers side, which I just got while on vacation last month (ticked me off). A few stone chips in the paint of the lower plastic cladding, and a few chips in the plastic bumper cladding, front and rear. The front edge of the hood has a small dent/crease about 1.5" long; no idea how that occured. Otherwise, there are no scratches or dents. It's been registerd in GA since new, so theres absolutley no rust at all. Interior is almost spot free as well. There are two small holes on either side of the rear seat headrests, from something that was slid across the top of the seats at some point. They're about the size of a pencil eraser. The seating surfaces are complete and intact with no stains rips or tears. The carpet is in like new condition; we still use the factory floor mats. We always kept a mat in the trunk/cargo area as well, to protect that carpet too. The carpet over the front drivers wheel well has a 3" tear in it, where the previous owners foot rested, which was over a seam in the floor below. The carpet just wore through right there. Otherwise the rest of the floor is extremely clean for an 8 year old van. Brakes were serviced last fall, and a radiator and coolant flush was just done. New vacuum hoses were installed also (for the HVAC system). Runs and drives very nice. We installed a hitch in 2005 to tow our boat to the lake on weekends. I've kept track of the times we went out and estimate the total mileage towed to be under 3K. One lake is 10 miles away, the other is 60, and we went to one of them most weekends during the summer months. We've used this van as our main car for the past 3 1/2 years even though my wifes van is newer. It's taken us to FL to many times to remember, and NY each summer, with trips to the mountains and beach in between. It's a rare day that it wasn't on the road somewhere. We've just decided to sell it and move up to a Suburban. We're located in Woodstock GA, which is 30 minutes north of Atlanta. I have lots of pictures, which I will try and post tonight. I'm asking $4995. If you're at all interested, post back and I'll give you my phone number. Thanks for looking.
Original Poster [OP]
daryl
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: daryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • 2001 AWD for sale
    by Shaggingwagon » August 6th 2020, 7:10pm in Vans For Sale
    4 Replies
    Last post by Shaggingwagon View the latest post
    August 21st 2020, 4:17pm
  • WTB 2003 -2005 astro or safari out of AZ,NM,Northern tx, Ca
    by Rinny » July 9th 2020, 9:58am in Vans For Sale
    5 Replies
    Last post by Rinny View the latest post
    August 26th 2020, 2:19pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    December 4th 2020, 3:18pm

Re: 2001 Safari SLE

Postby daryl [OP] » August 7th 2008, 11:18am

okay... can anyone offer some help, as to how I go about posting pictures of the van???
Original Poster [OP]
daryl
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: daryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full yearsdaryl has been a member for 12 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby raycer » August 11th 2008, 4:36pm

when you select "Reply", scroll down on the "Relpy" window and you will have the "Options" and "Upload Attachment" buttons. Select the "Upload Attachment". "Browse" for the file and then "Add the file".
raycer
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: raycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full yearsraycer has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA): ray
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 1989 TBI350

Postby daryl [OP] » August 21st 2008, 1:51am

Sorry... I was away for a week and forgot to do this.
Attachments
side 2.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
daryl
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby CDGsafari98 » December 12th 2008, 4:06am

just curious did you sell this van?
CDG

1971 Monte Carlo, 2000 Chevy Astro AWD, 2002 Pontiac Grand Am (wifes Car)
CDGsafari98
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Fueling (3/4 tank)
Years of Membership: CDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full yearsCDGsafari98 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA): CDG