Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

*FOR SALE* 1987 Chevy Astro Van *FOR SALE*

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ianlee91 
#1 ·

I have a 1987 Chevrolet Astro Van that needs a good home. It needs a lot of TLC and someone that is willing to put the work into it.

My girlfriend's mother gave her this van for transportation between home and work. I'm not sure how many owners it has had beyond my g/f, her mother and her step-father.

The GOOD::::::

[li]It runs[/li]
[li] new radiator[/li]
[li] new tires[/li]
[li] new wiper blades[/li]
[li] new starter and battery[/li]

The BAD::::::

[li] It runs poorly, could use a major tuning up[/li]
[li] Brakes are bad, it will stop but you have to floor it (Master Cylinder and/or Booster are likely cause)[/li]
[li]A/C needs a recharge[/li]
[li]Leaky Power Steering, it whines and grinds when you turn the wheel when it is even a little low in fluid.[/li]
[li]Transmission needs flushing at best, at worst it needs replacement.[/li]
[li]Fuel system needs a good flush front to back, it has been sitting for about a year because of the above problems.[/li]
[li]Sliding Door has a large dent and deep scratches from her mother misjudging a turn around a concrete pole in a parking lot.[/li]
[li]There are spots on the hood where the paint is coming up and possibly some rust but as far as I can see it isn't much and there's not much if any in the dent.[/li]

In my opinion, for this to be a good daily, it would take about $1000 to get some of the problems sorted out using your own tools and parts, maybe more. But, if you are looking to make a project out of it, then you have a fairly solid frame to build off of. And the motor, while not very spectacular because of age, does feel like it could be a kick *** motor with a good and solid tune and freshening up.

I'm sorry I don't have any interior pictures, but interior is pretty normal wear for vehicle of its age. No tears however. is a blue interior.

I am asking for $800.00 or best offer. Prefer local pick-up, but if you are willing to pay for the shipping, I will work with you.

Local pick-up does require a trailer hookup, so come prepared.

I am aware how wary people might be because of my newness here, but I am not new to forums. I am usuallyon vwvortex.com same name

Call me with offers at 786-942-5166

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.