FREE 4.3 complete engine and tranny

Forum rules
Always remember this is the internet folks. People get scammed every day (although, thankfully not here). Be aware of who you are dealing with and the product you're potentially buying. A little common sense goes a long way.
SCAMMERS BEWARE- We cooperate fully with users who have been defrauded. All IP Addresses are logged so just don't even bother.

FREE 4.3 complete engine and tranny

Postby tinworm [OP] » October 10th 2011, 2:10am

Procured the van this drivetrain came out of from another forum member for the subframe, and some other suspension bits for my project. The van itself has been stripped for parts and harvested by me, and whats left over is the complete engine and tranny, including exhaust back to the cat.

The engine is out of a 1990 Safari, and has a bit over 300K on it, and the tranny has been rebuilt a couple times, and has 40-50k on it. Ive got what I need out of the van, so if a forum member wants to come by my shop in RI and pick of a free spare engine, let me know. Ive got it for sale locally, if I get no bites here or there for a while, ill reduce it to components and sell it as parts. The engine was running when the van was parked and became a parts vehicle, was driven into its parking space.

Looks totally complete apart from some missing spark plug wires, I have not tried to fire it. PM me if you are interested, I have a hoist for loading it up. Would be worth it alone for the transmission.

thanks!

pic of the engine, which is no longer mounted to this subframe, but is otherwise the same

Original Poster [OP]
tinworm
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: tinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full yearstinworm has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 65
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: FREE 4.3 complete engine and tranny

Postby VinsaneOne » October 13th 2011, 2:18am

Looks like all one needs to do is hook it to a hitch and tow it home! I'd grab it if I could.
VinsaneOne
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: VinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full yearsVinsaneOne has been a member for 9 full years
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1992
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby RECox286 » October 13th 2011, 3:47am

If it were only that simple ? The engine/tranny is no longer attached to the subframe, which stays put ! It used to be in my stable, and when the truck itself was not safe to be on the road, we

put it out to pasture. Er, I mean made a parts van out of it. I was going to save it for the engine and transmission, and a few other parts, but John needed a subframe, so he spirited

the truck away from my tightly clutched hands. Ha.

Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Postby ninetynine » December 12th 2011, 2:57am

Hi Tinworm,

Do you still have the engine & tranny, & also, do you know if the tranny would work with a "95 engine?
Please let me know,
Thanks,
Will
ninetynine
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: ninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full yearsninetynine has been a member for 9 full years
Alias (AKA):