Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

factory 4.3 Headers for sale.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  1lowcab 
#1 ·
A little history: in the mid to late 80's GM produced factory steel tubular headers for the 4.3 (see pictures) these were used on full size trucks, Astro/Safari vans and S-10 /S-15 trucks. I attempted to find a set of these for my van and I found one then a few months later found the opposite side. I found out that after GM stopped producing them they used them up till they were gone so what happened is these and the cast iron style were on the assembly lines at the same time so they were mixed together one steel and one iron on the same vehicles. I went with a V8 and never used them. They are tubular instead of square inside so I would imagine they flow better but I honestly have no idea. mine both came from our vans even though they are all the same right down to the part numbers. I held onto them because I was going to build a Vega with a 4.3 but its no longer in the cards. I have exactly 90 bucks into them and that's what I am asking for them. The A.I.R tubes were cut off and welded so if you live in a emissions state they may not work for you. markmitch

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.