Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

parting out 91' Cargo Astro FREE PARTS (mostly)

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  interestingfellow 
#1 ·
I hate to do it, but I"m sendin the ol girl off to the yard......
So, I have all the little nick nack parts you might want (vents, knobs, filler panels, ash tray, etc). You let me know what you want, you pay shipping (or pick it up if you're so inclined), and it's yours (not big or heavy metal parts, that'll dig into my return)
Fer a hair more than scrap metal value (plus shipping) you can grab a class IV hitch, fenders, rear end, etc.)

She's gettin sent off later this week. Post here and I'll check it nightly.

Thanks!

#4 ·
PLEASE don't send it off until I can get by! I'm sure there's some stuff I can use. I'll be on your side of the water at least once this week, probably not Monday if I can help it. If you get a lot of interest in parts I might be able to help you pull them. Do you still have my #?

I know the fuel pump is different, but I wonder if the tank will fit in my 95. The baffles in mine are cracked and won't allow the float to drop below 3/8. I don't keep much gas in the van since I hardly drive it, guessing how much is in there can be fun sometimes.

#5 ·
OOPS.
i'm in Hampton Virginia.

ratdude: check to make sure the little plastic pieces are not missing or worn down on the handle "rocker" that actuates the lock guts. lemme know. and yes, it is a pita.

pm sent, Big kid, gimme a holler.

#11 ·
interestingfellow said:
OOPS.
i'm in Hampton Virginia.

ratdude: check to make sure the little plastic pieces are not missing or worn down on the handle "rocker" that actuates the lock guts. lemme know. and yes, it is a pita.

pm sent, Big kid, gimme a holler.
I checked, its either the latch itself or the lockrod is somehow too long. (not the clips, I thought that was it at first as well). Don't sweat it though. I may just get one at a JY or new (if you can still get them).

If you still have them, I could use a front passenger side door bin, esp. if it is gray. Mine is busted and beat up. Mostly cosmetic but its fugly to say the least.

#12 ·
@ted: lemme know, i might just pull out what you need till you can git by.
@bigkid: np.
@ratdude: they are grey or grey/blue in color. i'll check to see if they are in decent shape and let you know.

sorry, i got tied up in stuff.

#14 ·
Do you still have the van? I'd like to have the distro, the tailpipe, the grille and headlight trim pieces, the A/C compressor, and the driver side door lock. I would also like to have the heater core if it's easy enough to get out.

As for shipping, I have a "carrier pigeon" that can pick the stuff up from you and he will make sure that I get it on his next trip to DC.

#15 ·
@Ted: you can have the distro, grille, and headlight trim rings (trim rings are ok)
and the compressor worked well. can your pigeon pull stuff, or do I need to just have it ready?
and. actually, I have a brand new heater core, never installed. that I"m gonna say make me an offer on.

@byron: you're still in my sights. gotta weigh this thing.

ttys.

#17 ·
interestingfellow said:
@Ted: you can have the distro, grille, and headlight trim rings (trim rings are ok)
and the compressor worked well. can your pigeon pull stuff, or do I need to just have it ready?
and. actually, I have a brand new heater core, never installed. that I"m gonna say make me an offer on.

ttys.
Sweet.

#18 ·
interestingfellow said:
can your pigeon pull stuff, or do I need to just have it ready?
I'd rather you pull it. My guy has mechanical abilities but he's an old iron worker from the shipyard and tends to be a little heavy-handed. And if you just got the grille and the headlight trim off, that would be good enough for right now. I'll PM you on the heater core.

#19 ·
TheOtherByron said:
interestingfellow said:

ttys.
Sweet.
Still there?

#20 ·
God I wish I had the time and money to make the trip up there (little over 620 miles). I would be getting a dash. lol.

I need a darn dash.

#22 ·
yeah I'm still here.....busy as heck with work and other crap.
I'm trying to get this thing parted down. as soon as I get all the parts people want pulled, pulled, i'll be back.

hotrod: no fogs, no air dam (it's a base model cargo work van; they kept it $imple)
what is the "kick panel?"
byron: i have the heater core loose, and the grill and headlamp trim rings. I have to get the time to yank the compressor and distributor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.