Kinda of a weird question

Kinda of a weird question

Postby djremix [OP] » March 25th 2017, 7:49pm

Last summer I had a guy replace the engine in my 2002 Astro 2wd. He screwed me and never finished the job because I say he's a lazy ****. My van sat in his yard and kept saying I'll get to , I'll work on it tomorrow...bla, bla, bla... anyways, after almost 3 months I hired a tow truck and went and got my van, took it home. I did some work to it, installed the driveshaft, replaced u-joints, installed exhaust system. Unfortunately, I had to move my van today and when the truck showed up we discovered that with the vehicle in park, it still rolls freely. :banghead: :screaming: ... this van has been nothing but a huge pain in the *** since I bought it. What could cause it to still roll freely???
Original Poster [OP]
djremix
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: djremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 21
Alias (AKA): djremix
Van Model Year: 2002
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 2WD cargo

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Question What brand of drain plug kit do you use?
    by gavio » July 22nd 2020, 4:19am in Automatic
    9 Replies
    Last post by AstroOafAdventurer View the latest post
    September 18th 2020, 3:29am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    December 1st 2020, 12:56pm

Re: Kinda of a weird question

Postby Astro Pop » March 25th 2017, 8:33pm

Is the shift cable attached at the transmission? Is the engine slid up tight to the transmission & torque convertor bolted in?
Astro Pop
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: Astro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 41
Alias (AKA): Xfirepop
Van Model Year: 1996
Extra Info: AWD - 5 inch lift

Postby djremix [OP] » March 25th 2017, 8:53pm

The engine and tranny are mated solidly, I thought the cable was attached, maybe he didn't attach it securely. I'll have to check that.

Anyone want to buy it? Rebuilt engine with every pump, sensor, wires, cap, rotor, hoses, plugs, dipsticks, tubes, filters, fluids.... all new...
Original Poster [OP]
djremix
Years of Membership: djremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full yearsdjremix has been a member for 5 full years

Postby Astro Pop » March 25th 2017, 8:56pm

Are you sure the engine was rebuilt??? That guy doesn't sound real reliable. Have you started it? Why did you need another truck to move it if everything was hooked up?
Astro Pop
Years of Membership: Astro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full yearsAstro Pop has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 41
Alias (AKA): Xfirepop
Van Model Year: 1996
Extra Info: AWD - 5 inch lift

Postby djremix [OP] » March 26th 2017, 6:08pm

Yea I helped him build it and put it all together and in the van... but I want there ALL the time. He never completed the job and it hasn't started yet. He broke the tabs on top of the distributor and duct taped the cap on, starter is not installed, all stupid little things that need to get finished. Had to move because the neighbor across the street complained that it wasn't registered to the condo association and they asked me to move it.
Original Poster [OP]
djremix

Postby markmitch » March 26th 2017, 6:42pm

wow that totally sucks, my suggestions if you are not now a member of AAA join then ask them to recommend a good place to take it to get it finished if you can afford it. Then call the place prior to bringing it there and see if they would do the work as some garages do not work on others unfinished stuff. What state are you in? Triple won't to my knowledge recommend a bad place. And they have towing charges covered in most cases.
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 615
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8

Postby djremix [OP] » March 26th 2017, 9:24pm

I'm in central NH... I paid the guy almost $2400 to get up to where he finished. He told me he wouldn't charge me more to finish the job but there's no way I want to bring it back to him, I do not trust him anymore. I think I found a place to complete the work but I have no money to pay them right now. I'm gonna do as much a I can with the knowledge I have...
Original Poster [OP]
djremix