Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Kinda of a weird question

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  djremix 
#1 ·
Last summer I had a guy replace the engine in my 2002 Astro 2wd. He screwed me and never finished the job because I say he's a lazy fuck. My van sat in his yard and kept saying I'll get to , I'll work on it tomorrow...bla, bla, bla... anyways, after almost 3 months I hired a tow truck and went and got my van, took it home. I did some work to it, installed the driveshaft, replaced u-joints, installed exhaust system. Unfortunately, I had to move my van today and when the truck showed up we discovered that with the vehicle in park, it still rolls freely. :banghead: :screaming: ... this van has been nothing but a huge pain in the *** since I bought it. What could cause it to still roll freely???

#3 ·
The engine and tranny are mated solidly, I thought the cable was attached, maybe he didn't attach it securely. I'll have to check that.

Anyone want to buy it? Rebuilt engine with every pump, sensor, wires, cap, rotor, hoses, plugs, dipsticks, tubes, filters, fluids.... all new...

#5 ·
Yea I helped him build it and put it all together and in the van... but I want there ALL the time. He never completed the job and it hasn't started yet. He broke the tabs on top of the distributor and duct taped the cap on, starter is not installed, all stupid little things that need to get finished. Had to move because the neighbor across the street complained that it wasn't registered to the condo association and they asked me to move it.

#6 ·
wow that totally sucks, my suggestions if you are not now a member of AAA join then ask them to recommend a good place to take it to get it finished if you can afford it. Then call the place prior to bringing it there and see if they would do the work as some garages do not work on others unfinished stuff. What state are you in? Triple won't to my knowledge recommend a bad place. And they have towing charges covered in most cases.

#7 ·
I'm in central NH... I paid the guy almost $2400 to get up to where he finished. He told me he wouldn't charge me more to finish the job but there's no way I want to bring it back to him, I do not trust him anymore. I think I found a place to complete the work but I have no money to pay them right now. I'm gonna do as much a I can with the knowledge I have...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.