Transgo reprogramming kit

Transgo reprogramming kit

Postby Oldskoolgarage [OP] » December 19th 2017, 1:04am

I am installing a 4L60E Trans-go reprogramming kit with sinnex pinless accumulators, the kit comes with spacers for the 1st-2nd accumulator for firmer shifts, QUESTION.. the spacers are for pinned accumulators so I can't use them if I'm using pin less right?
Original Poster [OP]
Oldskoolgarage
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Oldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full yearsOldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full yearsOldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA): oldskool
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: allwheeldrive

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Transgo reprogramming kit

Postby CopperFiremist » December 19th 2017, 1:19am

That would be my guess. If you have any issues or concerns call that Tech Support # in the kit. Super nice guys to deal with.
Pullin The Pass
CopperFiremist
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Blue Status (L2)
Blue Status (L2)
Years of Membership: CopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full yearsCopperFiremist has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 24
Alias (AKA): B
Van Model Year: 1998
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LS Swap

Postby Oldskoolgarage [OP] » December 19th 2017, 1:30am

Thanks, I just wanted to get it together tonight, but I guess I better wait and give them a call.. I looked all over online and can't find the answer anywhere..
Original Poster [OP]
Oldskoolgarage
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: Oldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full yearsOldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full yearsOldskoolgarage has been a member for 3 full years

Postby Oldskoolgarage [OP] » December 19th 2017, 6:50pm

Well interesting conversation with trans-go, they are not fans of the pin less accumulators when mixed with their kit! so they gave me this advice, do not use spacers and put it together and try it out and call them back and tell them how it works! They said should work ok but might have a quirk might not .. or put it back together per their instructions, which means I would have to get a new housing(because I all ready punched and staked the one I got) and accumulator to replace the plastic one..
Now he did recommend drilling the 2-3 hole in separator plate to .89 and not .93 if I use the pin less..

Now I blame myself for this mess because I have read how great the pin less ones are and if installing a shift kit even better.. this all may be true if it is just a shift kit not a reprogramming kit.... but I was wondering why Trans-go did not sell pin less accumulators... now I frigging know.. I have no idea which way to go now any advice would be great..
Original Poster [OP]
Oldskoolgarage
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)

Postby Oldskoolgarage [OP] » December 21st 2017, 3:42pm

Well after a ton of research and a few phone calls, I'm going back to the pinned 1-2 3-4 accumulators the forward one I will leave the Sonnax pinless . (have know idea why I typed sinnex in first post lol) the Transgo reprogramming kit is not designed for the pinless, because you cant use their springs or spacers which defeats the purpose of the kit..
Original Poster [OP]
Oldskoolgarage
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)