Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Transmission leak.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MechBob 
#1 ·
So I just changed out my transmission mount on my 94 AWD astro. Afterwards I drove it a few miles and pulled back into the shop. Got under it cuz I could hear a clicking and wanted to put eyes on the noise. Everything looked good so I crawled back out. It was sitting at idle for a few minutes when I noticed smoke coming from underneath. So I started to crawl back under and immediately saw tranny fluid pissing out onto the exhaust. After shutting it off and doing some looking around and cleaning up I was able to spot where the leak is coming from. It's from right above the starter. There is also a big crack in the case that isn't leaking anything. I'm thinking I may have caused the crack while changing the mount cuz it looks pretty new. The starter is also having a hard time starting it now as well. Any ideas on what you guys think may have happened would be super helpful. I'm guessing I will be putting it on a trailer and taking it into a shop but I wanted y'all's input first. I'll include a picture of the crack. It's at the front of the tranny by the oil pan.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.