Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Solenoid B wiring not grounded, what next?

988 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2003 Safari SLT, AWD and am excited to get it running well. First up was a bad solenoid B code (both P0756 and P0758), and driving that seemed to go along with a faulty solenoid. Dropped the pan to replace both solenoids, but they both work fine. However, the wiring to solenoid B appears to not grounded when checked. What should my next step be? Look into PCM, try to access external harness and test pin S (is it even possible to get a hold of this harness without dropping the tranny a bit?

Called it a night, but any advice on how to proceed would be helpful. Excited to finally join the Astro/Safari world and grateful for this forum. I really don't know anything about fixing cars but excited for many projects ahead!

#2 ·
Runawayjim,
I cannot help with that specific question, but want to welcome you to the madness.
I am sure there will be others who will know exactly what you need to know. Whether it is what you wantto hear, is another thing entirely.
Pictures are always welcome.
You might consider putting you general location in your profile.
You never know who might offer to help, if they know they are reasonably close.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA

#3 ·
Rod's Trucks said:
Runawayjim,
I cannot help with that specific question, but want to welcome you to the madness.
I am sure there will be others who will know exactly what you need to know. Whether it is what you wantto hear, is another thing entirely.
Pictures are always welcome.
You might consider putting you general location in your profile.
You never know who might offer to help, if they know they are reasonably close.
Rod J
Issaquah, WA
I will update, as I'm over in Yakima, not too far from you!

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.