Changed Solenoids, tranny still "stutters"

Changed Solenoids, tranny still "stutters"

Postby 99Super [OP] » April 28th 2009, 11:51pm

Hey all!
I dropped the pan in my 2000 AWD and changed the oil and filter. I also changed the 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids while I was in there. The "stutter" I have between the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts still happens, just not as often or quite as bad.
There were no metal chunks in the pan or on the magnet, just the usual fine wear "dust".
Any ideas on where to go next?
The van will accellerate normally until it's time to shift, then it feels almost like somebody is cutting spark and it won't upshift but sort of "stutters" until it shifts, or I hit the gas and it takes off again. Then when I let off the gas it bit, it will shift. Downshifting is fine. This is all very intermittant. Some days nothing, other days often. If I accellerate with a purpose, it doesn't seem as bad, but I tend to baby it around town to get better mileage and not run over the slowass Skooby in my way...
I replaced the cable and column knuckle 18 months ago, as they were broken/breaking when I got the van. I pulled the cable complete from a wreck and it didn't appear to need any adjustment.
Where do I go from here? Tranny is a 4L60E and the whole rig has 220K miles on it...

Thanks!
Original Poster [OP]
99Super
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: 99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years99Super has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA):

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Changing tranny fluid on low miles safari
    by JusticeIroquois » January 3rd 2021, 6:26pm in Automatic
    16 Replies
    Last post by mdconvert View the latest post
    January 5th 2021, 1:09pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    March 3rd 2021, 3:55pm

Re: Changed Solenoids, tranny still "stutters"

Postby spongebob218 » April 29th 2009, 12:41am

These transmissions had issues with debris in the valve bodies, most specifically in the 2-3 shift valve passage, but other areas could be affected as well. There is actually a bulletin from GM about this condition. This is something that you may want to take to a transmission repair shop or the dealer to get checked. I'm not saying this is definitely the cause, but it is a common problem.
You ain't nothin' unless you have green plugs.
spongebob218
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: spongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full yearsspongebob218 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):