Trans hard shifting??

Trans hard shifting??

Postby topher [OP] » November 27th 2009, 2:09am

Hi i have a 92 astro AWD with 214,400 miles on it had it for 4 years no idea if original trans or any history on it... Heres my problem the tranny started shifting hard only in 1st about a year an a half ago so i went and had a trans flush done and then it was fine for awhile then it sat for almost a year and now it dosent want to shift into 2nd untill it is at high RPM and possibly even skipping 2nd gear and going into 3rd this happens pretty much with all gears not wanting to shift when its supposed to... I took it to a trans shop and the guy said he thought it was probably the cable going to the trans from the throtle body atleast the best place to start he said.. I pulled on the exposed cable at the throttle body and it seems to be fine... Heres the part that confusses me 2 nights ago my surpintine belt went and i had to drive home with no power stering brakes ext. but it was shifting fine... And now that i put a new surp on its back to the hard shifting and what not.. also the temp of the vehicle dosent really make a diff to much only with 1st into 2nd and going into O.D. it just gets slightly better when fully warmed up... Any suggestions or input anything at all would help Thanks in advance This is currently my daily driver and put a minimum of 700 miles a week
Original Poster [OP]
topher
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: topher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full yearstopher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): TWO-FOUR
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3 v6 auto AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Hard shift from 1st to 2nd, ECM or Solenoid A?
    by muddyduddy » August 24th 2020, 8:24pm in Automatic
    0 Replies
    Last post by muddyduddy View the latest post
    August 24th 2020, 8:24pm
  • Trailblazer trans swap
    by Cbales84 » April 21st 2020, 6:48am in Automatic
    4 Replies
    Last post by Leeann_93 View the latest post
    April 21st 2020, 11:08pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    September 21st 2020, 4:01am

Re: Trans hard shifting??

Postby moneymaker » November 28th 2009, 2:36pm

You should test your throttle position sensor as well as check your coolant temp sensor. Both share circuit. If you have a tv cable make sure it is adjusted properly.
moneymaker
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: moneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full yearsmoneymaker has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 7
Alias (AKA):