Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

where does this connector plug in?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sixsix 
#1 ·
Hi all,
While hunting down why the panel vents were not working on the climate control (vacuum leak), I happened to look down and see a 2 wire plug just hanging there. 5 wires come out of main loom, 1 ground, 2 in a connector for the A/C accumulator, and 2 others in another grey push on connector with a clip just like the other one. Where does it plug into? There is enough wire to reach about 6" away from the A/C accumulator. Help?

#5 ·
Yep, there are a number of them on the harness, there is a fuel pump test connector, rear window washer pump, bunch of others too for options the van may or may not have. Cheaper to make one harness with everything than to stock different ones for each application.

#6 ·
fourwheelwheelie said:
Where does it plug into?
Just as Woody said:
Xtra Plugs and Connectors - GM = Generous Motors.

That plug is generally referred to as the "Rear or Hatch Window Washer Power" plug. I have heard that there are 2 motors in one tank servicing both Windows.

If wrong - chime in.

Mike

#7 ·
Well, yes and no Mike. There is a plug there for the second washer motor, but there is also one there that is not plugged into anything that has a different plug color. Seems to be on most if not all Astros.

#8 ·
Might be for the rear heater?

#9 ·
One-Eye said:
... but there is also one there that is not plugged into anything that has a different plug color. Seems to be on most if not all Astros.
Seems if it's a smaller conn. than the one that was pictured by the OP - it is probably the "Fuel Pump Test" conn. - it is in the same vicinity / by the AC stuff / washer bottle area.

Leeann clued me in on this - might want to double check w/ her.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.