Silly parts. Why can't I find them?

Silly parts. Why can't I find them?

Postby Scubatude [OP] » February 8th 2017, 7:47pm

OK, 2005 ASTRO. I added power door locks all the way around. They all work great, except I need to get power into the side, sliding door via that little contactor plate that is not there since there was never power locks before. I can not find those parts anywhere. Anyone have a part number, source, anything?

Thanks!
Los Angeles, California

2005 Astro Cargo
Original Poster [OP]
Scubatude
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Scubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Blown components after bad boost, can't find source of issue
    by Allergictostabwounds » January 15th 2021, 10:46pm in Electrical
    3 Replies
    Last post by Rod's Trucks View the latest post
    January 16th 2021, 1:37am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    April 13th 2021, 1:38am

Re: Silly parts. Why can't I find them?

Postby markmitch » February 8th 2017, 7:52pm

do you know what they look like? I go to pick n pull monthly as there are 6 of them within an hour of my house. If you do not find what you need prior to the end of this month send me a message and a picture and I will see what I can find for you. You pay what I pay + shipping which will be nominal for such a small item I would imagine. Mark
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full years
Topics: 629
Alias (AKA): 1st gen or frankenvan
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8 AWD

Postby WimpTech » February 8th 2017, 7:59pm

x2
WimpTech - Precision Guesswork... Questionable Results.

My Van Build: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=103714
My Other Van: http://www.vcvc.org/showthread.php/3013 ... ersion-Van
WimpTech
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: WimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full yearsWimpTech has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): =Wimpy=
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD 3+1 Lift

Postby AstroWill » February 8th 2017, 8:03pm

http://www.chevypartsprime.com

The body side is available at the dealer, the door side is discontinued. They are the same from 85 to 2005.
Here are the part numbers:

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business. See: Dark Tetrad
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Extra Info: I love peaches

Postby Scubatude [OP] » February 8th 2017, 8:54pm

markmitch wrote:do you know what they look like? I go to pick n pull monthly as there are 6 of them within an hour of my house. If you do not find what you need prior to the end of this month send me a message and a picture and I will see what I can find for you. You pay what I pay + shipping which will be nominal for such a small item I would imagine. Mark

:ty:

That is a very nice offer. I don't have them, so I can't take a picture, but I will try to find some pics. Thank you again.
Los Angeles, California

2005 Astro Cargo
Original Poster [OP]
Scubatude
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: Scubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full yearsScubatude has been a member for 5 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby Scubatude [OP] » February 8th 2017, 9:42pm

AstroWill wrote:http://www.chevypartsprime.com

The body side is available at the dealer, the door side is discontinued. They are the same from 85 to 2005.
Here are the part numbers:

:ty:
Los Angeles, California

2005 Astro Cargo
Original Poster [OP]
Scubatude
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Alias (AKA):

Postby One-Eye » February 17th 2017, 2:56am

Here's 3 pics of mine.

I want to note I cleaned mine when i got my van, as the side lock would intermittently work due to poor contact. They are Brass contacts, so eventually they tarnish over.
I lightly used some 300 grit emery cloth just enough to clean them off, then coated them with Vaseline to prevent them from tarnishing up again.

I want to note though, there is no recess or any markings where the plates are located (Or perhaps they have punch marks for the rivet holes???) so you will have to CAREFULLY mount these to meet properly.

My suggestion for mounting:

1) Mount the pin plate on the door first, using the picture to locate the approximate spot as close as you can. I would suggest a cardboard template of the back of the plate so you know exactly where to punch your rivet holes and what needs to be drilled/cut out of the center for the plate pins to NOT touch the door when pressed in.

2) Put a dab of grease on the tips of the 2 spring loaded brass pin contacts.

3) Slowly slide your door closed so the pins make full contact, marking the 2 spots they touch on the jamb. This will give you the contact points on the jamb with 2 dabs of grease, so you can then mark just where the contact plate needs to be mounted.

4) Make a cardboard overlay of the contact flat plate, cut out where the 2 contact plates sit and mark where the 2 rivet mount holes are so you can overlay that on your grease marks and punch mark where to drill for your rivets.

5) You can clean the grease marks off now and drill your rivet holes. Now carefully punch and drill out the center for the back side of the plate and wires to set into. Dry fit, and if all sets right wire up the plate and rivet in place.

Bear in mind, your cardboard templates with the rivet holes markings are going to dictate the final placement of the plate, so take your time and make them as accurately as possible!

Hope this helps, it's my :2: on how I would go about doing this. Feel free to add/correct/chime in on my post. :rockon:
Attachments
Sliding Door.jpg
Door Close-Up.jpg
Piller-Jamb.jpg
'85 Cargo - First Astro, Recycled.
'89 Customized Shorty - Sold - 265K & still running.
'03 Regency Hightop, 4.3L, X VIN Now up for Sale.
Mods: AWD converted to RWD
One-Eye
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: One-Eye has been a member for 4 full yearsOne-Eye has been a member for 4 full yearsOne-Eye has been a member for 4 full yearsOne-Eye has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA): Bernie
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: Regency Hightop

Postby markmitch » February 17th 2017, 3:32am

I have the same parts on my van but mine is a 89 so I didn't know they were the same parts. I will take pics of mine then when I go to pick in pull see what I can find. I should be going the 28th of this month. But there is one problem, many of these vans were in a foot of water the last week of January due to massive amounts of rain this year so if they still are I will not be able to get anything from them. Just a heads up, hopefully the rain is gone for a while and it dries up.
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 13 full years
Topics: 629
Alias (AKA): 1st gen or frankenvan
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: RS V8 AWD