Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

98 Astro Daytime Running Lights Wiring Diagram

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Leeann_93 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm fighting with my daytime running lights on my 98 Astro. Can anyone post a wiring diagram for this year? I'm 99% sure its the DRL Diode that GM so helpfully hid behind the drivers side door pillar, but I'd like to checkout the rest of the circuit before I rip apart my interior to get to the diode (is there a short cut to that? or was GM really helpful enough to put a expendable part in a PITA to get to location?). The circuit shown in my Chilton manual is WAY off. I dug threw a bunch of old posts here and there were a few dead links to the schematic.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
It's easier to get to than you think. Open the driver's door, undo the one screw on the L-shaped part of the panel that wraps into the driver's door area. Feed the seatbelt through the slots to free it and disconnect the wiring connector to the courtesy light. Now open the slider and pull off the panel that the cupholder and bin are in - it's held on by metal clips.

The 'diode' is on the right, on the pillar with a heatsink attached (follow the yellow/orange wires behind the white/orange wires to the courtesy light):

#4 ·
I had noticed that Leann could post pics , so I thought I'd try to post the Headlight wiring and see if it would work,

It still will not let me post a .pdf file diagram :(

this is the error message
"Could not upload attachment to ./files/5306_4d2523a587b5dee5de26435bb07c0f22."

How is it that in just a few minutes it gets broken?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.