Electrical Issues, Short?

Electrical Issues, Short?

Postby tikiman [OP] » September 25th 2018, 2:27pm

I have a 99 GMC Safari. A few weeks ago, I tried to start it and it would turn over but wouldn’t start. I took the bus to school because I didn’t have time to look into the problem. That weekend, I went to check it out and fix the problem, but this time the battery was completely dead.

I took the battery in to get tested, and the testers said it was completely toast. I bought a new one, and when I installed it, the lights and everything worked in the van. But when I went to start the car, it seemed like there was a short or something because everything went dead as soon as the starter engaged. The battery would no longer turn the lights on and the car wouldn’t start or turn over.

Do you know what this might be?
Original Poster [OP]
tikiman
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: tikiman has been a member for 2 full yearstikiman has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Electrical Issues, Short?

Postby AstroWill » September 25th 2018, 8:12pm

Sounds like a bad connection at the battery. Make sure to clean and tighten the battery cables well.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore & go about your business.
Report terrorists and anyone inciting violence to FBI @ fbi.gov and 800-CALLFBI (225-5324)
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: I love peaches