Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Fuel Pump Partsgeek??

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AstroWill 
#1 ·
I need a fuel pump for 2000 astrovan
Anyone order one from partsgeek and have any issues or am I dreaming?
I don't really drive it much nowadays but still want it to start.
I usually use Rockauto but they only have one option and it's almost $400 CAD
The last one I got from RA was under $200 and I got 4 years out of it.
thx dave

edit: just noticed partsgeek don't ship to canada....damm

#2 ·
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=200 ... +fuel+pump

I've done them both ways; replacing the whole "bucket/assembly" and digging down and installing an aftermarket pump while re-using the factory outer assembly and fuel level sending unit. It all comes down to how long you want this to last and how much you want to spend. I'm a cheap s.o.b. with more time than money to replace things as needed; your own situation may be different.
Whenever possible, I try to insist that stuff gets shipped via USPS/Canada Post; that way, you only end up paying the ACTUAL duty and not all of the Fedex/UPS "clearance/customs" fees, which go directly to the carrier, not Canada Revenue Agency.
Just FYI, I haven't needed to do this in over 10 years so things may have changed....
Hope this helps.
-M!ke-

#3 ·
I will not use Parts Geek for anything ever. Even if they gave me the part for nothing. Their customer service sucks!!

#4 ·
Rinny said:
I will not use Parts Geek for anything ever. Even if they gave me the part for nothing. Their customer service sucks!!
Adding them to the list right along with carid that I won't order from.

#6 ·
They aren't only offering one, they have many it's just they are in two different sections. Only 1 is listed under fuel pump but go one category down to > Fuel Pump & Housing Assembly and you have a lot to choose from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.