rear door plug ID?

rear door plug ID?

Postby markmitch [OP] » May 11th 2020, 2:02am

Ok so I am close to being done with the barn door to dutch door fiasco but I seem to have a plug inside the rear passenger door that I can't find in my notes I added a couple pictures of it so if anyone know what is for please let me know. It is inside the door as I said but nothing plugs into it?
Attachments
plug1.jpg
plug2.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 615
Alias (AKA): AstroMark or 1st gen
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RS V8

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Unknown plug connector on 05 GMC Safari
    by nwisehart » October 21st 2020, 12:45am in Electrical
    3 Replies
    Last post by Rod's Trucks View the latest post
    October 21st 2020, 4:06am
  • 2000 Astro rear Dutch Door won't open
    by mglsite » November 16th 2020, 8:21pm in Electrical
    11 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    November 24th 2020, 2:05am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    December 4th 2020, 8:15am

Re: rear door plug ID?

Postby Unclebilly » May 11th 2020, 2:26am

I have the same plug in my Dutch door and it’s not plugged into anything. It was just hanging there. I’m pretty sure it’s for a door lock actuator in the barn doors.
Unclebilly
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2002

Postby markmitch [OP] » May 11th 2020, 4:19am

Oh ok well thanks a lot I thought maybe I missed something from the donor van.
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Years of Membership: markmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full yearsmarkmitch has been a member for 12 full years

Postby Astrofarian » May 11th 2020, 1:37pm

markmitch wrote:Oh ok well thanks a lot I thought maybe I missed something from the donor van.

I THINK that "UncleBilly" meant that you don't NEED it? Unless I'm wrong, would there be any reason to "Lock" the passenger-side swingy door when the hatch is locked and preventing the bottom doors from opening? This is a detail that I've never really given much thought to until now; I hope you find a definitive answer to this and post it up for us Mark.
-M!ke-

EDIT: Maybe you could plug your test-light into it and cycle the lock/unlock switch a few times?
Move along....all is well.....return to your homes.....nothing to see here.
Astrofarian
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Astrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA): M!ke
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: Someday......

Postby Rinny » May 11th 2020, 1:48pm

I just took that door apart and I do believe rom memory it was the actuator plug. It just makes the closure more secure and will not allow the door to be unlatched when the vehicle is locked so there is no slop in it if it was opened when the rest of the van is locked.
03Astro AWD/4WD
5.7L+30,SS dual exhst,mild cam,Efan,CAintake
2100lb Springs,Jour Hangers/Shackles,3" Alum Blocks
TorsenDiffs,3:73'S,VettServo
NP236TC
Dual Piston Rear Calipers
GY DTrac 235/85/R16
ARB &/Custom bumpers
2x6x1/4 Rockrails
Rinny
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: Rinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 57
Alias (AKA): 5.7L, NP236, 3"Lift
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: 5.7L NP236

Postby augidog » May 11th 2020, 2:30pm

Astrofarian wrote:
markmitch wrote:Oh ok well thanks a lot I thought maybe I missed something from the donor van.

I THINK that "UncleBilly" meant that you don't NEED it? Unless I'm wrong, would there be any reason to "Lock" the passenger-side swingy door when the hatch is locked and preventing the bottom doors from opening? This is a detail that I've never really given much thought to until now; I hope you find a definitive answer to this and post it up for us Mark.
-M!ke-

EDIT: Maybe you could plug your test-light into it and cycle the lock/unlock switch a few times?
more coffee-talk...I don't have any way to unlock my dutch doors except the key lock or dash button, meaning once the liftgate is latched the doors are locked. I have to agree that the unused plug is likely there for the barn door actuator, and that if you really wanted to know the test light would probably tell you.
Scanned original Chevrolet-GMC Dealer "Product Information Guides."
Detailed Options w/RPO's. Learn all about your Astro/Safari's first build.
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=142268
augidog
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA): Augie
Extra Info: AWD High-Top

Postby markmitch [OP] » May 11th 2020, 3:06pm

I still have to wire all the switches and wiring harness for the hatch before I can test that plug. That is why I asked in the forum. I ordered this so I can unplug the switches to move the console I built to house the switches if I ever need to get into the dog house. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/931058213
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer

Postby augidog » May 11th 2020, 3:43pm

markmitch wrote:I still have to wire all the switches and wiring harness for the hatch before I can test that plug. That is why I asked in the forum. I ordered this so I can unplug the switches to move the console I built to house the switches if I ever need to get into the dog house. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/931058213
that's always good reasoning, quick-connections.

my 95 may or may not have the same mystery plug inside the door, and I don't care until i have to, so i was just gabbing with my morning smoke. what i know about this place is, the person who knows your answer will be along, and i'll wanna know too, just because.
Scanned original Chevrolet-GMC Dealer "Product Information Guides."
Detailed Options w/RPO's. Learn all about your Astro/Safari's first build.
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=142268
augidog
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA): Augie
Extra Info: AWD High-Top

Postby AstroWill » May 11th 2020, 7:25pm

Should be in the component location views in the FSM.

My guess would be the key lock switch that the dutch doors don't have.

Trolls take away from productive work, best to ignore them & go about your business.
What has two thumbs and is living in your head rent-free? We hereby claim that it's this guy! Image
AstroWill
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: AstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full yearsAstroWill has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 108
Alias (AKA): Critical Thinking+Common Sense

Postby Rinny » May 11th 2020, 11:25pm

AstroWill wrote:Should be in the component location views in the FSM.

My guess would be the key lock switch that the dutch doors don't have.

Just removed the actuator from the dutch door. No key but it does lock.
03Astro AWD/4WD
5.7L+30,SS dual exhst,mild cam,Efan,CAintake
2100lb Springs,Jour Hangers/Shackles,3" Alum Blocks
TorsenDiffs,3:73'S,VettServo
NP236TC
Dual Piston Rear Calipers
GY DTrac 235/85/R16
ARB &/Custom bumpers
2x6x1/4 Rockrails
Rinny
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Years of Membership: Rinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full yearsRinny has been a member for 4 full years
Topics: 57
Alias (AKA): 5.7L, NP236, 3"Lift
Van Model Year: 2003
Extra Info: 5.7L NP236

Postby markmitch [OP] » May 13th 2020, 5:14pm

I still have the barn doors with the type of windows that hinge open if someone close by wants to grab the windows and hardware they are free for the taking doors and all if needed. Anyone here know how to wire in relays so the dash light harness can be used to light the switches without blowing fuses, I could use the knowledge from someone.
Original Poster [OP]
markmitch
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer

Postby MechBob » May 14th 2020, 12:25am

Mark, you really should not need a relay to light the switches, unless you have some strange switches
MechBob
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L2)
Years of Membership: MechBob has been a member for 2 full yearsMechBob has been a member for 2 full years
Topics: 11
Alias (AKA): Bob
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: 4x4