2003 Chevy Astro Wiring Harness or Plug for Evap Sensor

2003 Chevy Astro Wiring Harness or Plug for Evap Sensor

Postby RootsMan [OP] » August 15th 2012, 1:09am

Greetings,

Vehicle: 2003 Chevy Astro AWD
OBDII error code: P0455: Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Large Leak Detected

One of the wires going into the oval plug next to the gas tank corroded and broke.
I was told that this goes to the evap sensor and that the wiring harness was not available from the dealer.

Can just the plug be replaced? If so where can I get it?
What's the part number?

Where can I get the wiring harness that goes to the Evap Sensor, if the plug can't be replaced?
What's the part number?

Thanks,
2003 Chevy Astro AWD
Original Poster [OP]
RootsMan
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: RootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • 2002-2003 engine wiring harness difference
    by Rinny » December 1st 2020, 7:01pm in Electrical
    4 Replies
    Last post by Leeann_93 View the latest post
    December 3rd 2020, 4:59am
  • Harness Clip Rubbing Through
    by TBLBill » October 22nd 2020, 1:14pm in Electrical
    0 Replies
    Last post by TBLBill View the latest post
    October 22nd 2020, 1:14pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 17th 2021, 9:29am

Re: 2003 Chevy Astro Wiring Harness or Plug for Evap Sensor

Postby Matrixx » August 20th 2012, 6:32am

Hi RootsMan

A bit late, but my suggestion here with your unique situation, would be to hit the auto wreckers. Parts like that will be very hard if not impossible to find at the part stores or dealerships.

You should be able to remove that one wire out of that plug-in and replace it with a better one is the way I would attempt it. The auto wreckers are a great source of information about your vehicle as well, I'm sure they would be more than glad to help you.

Hope this helps.:)
96-GMC Safari - Rwd - Original Transmission - Exhaust - Air Cared - 3.73 Limited Slip Rear End - Motor Replaced - 91 octane (Chevron) for the last 14 years - MFI Upgrade - 640,000 Kilometers.
Matrixx
AstroSafari Pioneer
AstroSafari Pioneer
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Matrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full yearsMatrixx has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA):

Re: 2003 Chevy Astro Wiring Harness or Plug for Evap Sensor

Postby RootsMan [OP] » August 21st 2012, 12:30pm

@Matrixx, thanks for your reply.

The repair was completed on Sat.

I went to a couple of dealers and was able to order a replacement plug with wires attached for about $30.
It's a two pronged pink connector with a pair of 1 foot wires. The old plug was cut off of the wiring harness and the wires soldered on to it. 10 minutes to repair.

The information from the packaging, is as follows:
ACD# PT250
GM# 12101858

I think "Evaporative Emission Canister" is the name of the device.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1394817
2003 Chevy Astro AWD
Original Poster [OP]
RootsMan
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: RootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full yearsRootsMan has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD