Odd power lock question

Odd power lock question

Postby thestrange [OP] » October 7th 2012, 12:40am

Hey there first, I am new to the forum, and the van lifestyle but love it. Second, I picked up a 94 astro EXT and the power lock on the passenger door work and control the slider door lock as well. HOWEVER the drivers power lock will not from either door. I tested the switch and it is getting power and directs it accordingly when lock/unlock is pressed. I ran a jumper to the actuator in the door and it worked great. I tested the wire at the actuator and it is NOT getting power at all. I located the fuse and relays and their good. but I am unsure if the relay is a 2 in 1 kind of relay? Any ideas? also if i could get a wire diagram for the power locks that would be great.
Original Poster [OP]
thestrange
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: thestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA): joe
Van Model Year: 1994
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: EXT

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Power windows and power acc circuit breaker
    by GSouthee » March 25th 2020, 6:58pm in Electrical
    14 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    March 30th 2020, 6:27pm
  • Dutch door glass hatch lock
    by ElroyJetson » February 23rd 2020, 1:09am in Electrical
    3 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    February 23rd 2020, 3:44pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    August 12th 2020, 7:42am

Re: Odd power lock question

Postby thestrange [OP] » October 7th 2012, 2:08am

Does anyone know if I can see the power lock wires if I remove the engine cover? I don't want to go through the process if I don't have to.
Original Poster [OP]
thestrange
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: thestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full yearsthestrange has been a member for 7 full years

Postby RECox286 » October 7th 2012, 4:09am

One possibility: The wiring passes from the door to the body thru a flexible boot in the middle of the door. One problem

that seems to crop up is that when the door is opened and closed, the wires flex and move around. I have had to splice

broken wires for just this reason. So, you may want to explore the possibility that you have a broken wire(s).

Good hunting

Uncle Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Van Model Year: 1993
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Postby thestrange [OP] » October 8th 2012, 3:35am

Thanks, uh Uncle Bob.lol. I'll check that out soon.

Id still like to know if i can see the power lock wires if i were to remove the in cab engine cover?
Original Poster [OP]
thestrange
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)