Lost plug / connector after A/C repair - help!

Lost plug / connector after A/C repair - help!

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 1st 2013, 9:30am

Hi!

After a repair doing from one of guys from A/C service i found under hood this little plug / connector with cutting wire ... i need Your help to found from what a part of electric can this be and to fix this issue!

Thank You for Your time and help!

Tom
Attachments
wtyczka1.jpg
wtyczka2.jpg
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: FFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA): Tom
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: LST 4.3V6 RWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Unknown plug connector on 05 GMC Safari
    by nwisehart » October 21st 2020, 12:45am in Electrical
    3 Replies
    Last post by Rod's Trucks View the latest post
    October 21st 2020, 4:06am
  • All of the sudden lost all power locks
    by dnwong » November 10th 2020, 8:03pm in Electrical
    1 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    November 10th 2020, 8:31pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 25th 2021, 9:11pm

Re: Lost plug / connector after A/C repair - help!

Postby chevymaher » July 1st 2013, 11:11am

Sure looks like it would plug into the high pressure switch behind the compressor. Don't look like a factory plug I seen tho. :confused:

switch on compressor.jpg
switch on compressor.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: chevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 90
Alias (AKA): chevymaher
Van Model Year: 1994
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLE RWD Mercruiser

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 4th 2013, 12:45pm

no at my old A/C compressor is no one plug at rear end
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Years of Membership: FFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full yearsFFCC has been a member for 7 full years

Postby redfury » July 4th 2013, 5:58pm

New compressor doesn't use the plug, so it was cut off and the wire sealed or ??? Not really sure on that.
A temporary fix usually becomes a permanent solution, therefore it does not exist.
doghouse removal by me!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIJ0kuROlbU
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: redfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 53
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: LT 5.7L 4wd

Postby palochino » July 4th 2013, 7:29pm

Single lead wires like that one I've only seen (at the front of the engine) on the temperature sensor maybe (or is your van 2 leads), and on the blower.

At the back of the engine, the timing lead connector; and on the block, near the oil filter, the gauge temp sensor.

Again, this are all the single lead connectors I recall for now on my engine type.
palochino
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: palochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full yearspalochino has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1990
Extra Info: LT 4.3L RWD FE3 G80

Postby redfury » July 5th 2013, 5:25am

I'll take a look at the lean connector on the back of my compressor and see if it's the same tomorrow ( I'm in the middle of repairing my A/C anyway and have to wait for parts to come in anyway. )
A temporary fix usually becomes a permanent solution, therefore it does not exist.
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: redfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full years

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 5th 2013, 9:13am

redfury wrote:New compressor doesn't use the plug, so it was cut off and the wire sealed or ??? Not really sure on that.

no both compressors - old one and new one do not have plug like this so that 100% is not a a/c comp plug
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 5th 2013, 9:18am

palochino wrote:Single lead wires like that one I've only seen (at the front of the engine) on the temperature sensor maybe (or is your van 2 leads), and on the blower.

At the back of the engine, the timing lead connector; and on the block, near the oil filter, the gauge temp sensor.

Again, this are all the single lead connectors I recall for now on my engine type.

at the front of the engine thast possible because the guys from a/c service changing the compresor - iam shure that they have destroy a vaacum line from engine to vaacum valve and maybe thas his fault too!

temperature sensor thats interesting because after this service i notice bigger gas consumption!!!

please tell me or show mi pics where this sensors are to check!

thank You!
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)

Postby redfury » July 6th 2013, 11:39pm

Okay, I was looking through my factory service manuals and what I found was that all single wire connectors shaped like that were used to signal the blower motor to come on. I'd start by checking your blower function.
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 8th 2013, 7:58am

the blower working fine but after reconnection of vaacum line from engine to valve i still do not have the possibility to change how the blower should work -> in any positon the blower blows to windscreen and legs no changes after rotating knob :(
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)

Postby chevymaher » July 8th 2013, 10:37am

FFCC wrote:the blower working fine but after reconnection of vaacum line from engine to valve i still do not have the possibility to change how the blower should work -> in any positon the blower blows to windscreen and legs no changes after rotating knob :(

Vacuum isn't making it to the destination yet.
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: chevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full years

Postby FFCC [OP] » July 8th 2013, 12:03pm

really not? then what it should be???
Original Poster [OP]
FFCC
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)

Postby chevymaher » July 8th 2013, 12:22pm

Vacuum ball could be leaking. Check valve could be clogged.
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader