95 IGN fuse panel forr???

95 IGN fuse panel forr???

Postby 95twotone [OP] » March 1st 2014, 9:00pm

What is the IGN in the fuse panel for?

The van stopped starting, there are wires everywhere from a hack remote starter install, traced the TWO that came from the IGN location and found they have been disconnected. Just tested for power at the harness and the starter, its reading 10.8v. (I thought that's what the IGN went to??)

Gonna pull and test the starter now.

Any help, thoughts, or ideas are welcome; this is starting to drive me nuts. And its cold outside (canada. winter. pita.)
Original Poster [OP]
95twotone
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: 95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 3
Alias (AKA):

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: 95 IGN fuse panel forr???

Postby chevymaher » March 1st 2014, 10:49pm

It is hot when the key is in the run position.
I use it as the control circuit to run my electric fans.
It is empty untill you use it for something.
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: chevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 90
Alias (AKA): chevymaher
Van Model Year: 1994
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLE RWD Mercruiser

Postby 95twotone [OP] » March 1st 2014, 10:55pm

THANK YOU! One of the owners added all kinds of stuff and the electrical is scary. This helps me a TON with my no start issue. Just pulled the starter and am going to test it inside.
Original Poster [OP]
95twotone
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: 95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years95twotone has been a member for 6 full years
Alias (AKA):

Postby 95twotone [OP] » March 2nd 2014, 7:06pm

just to close incase any one was wondering it was the startor. Went from running fine to completely dead. Died on a morning after a humid cold snap.
Original Poster [OP]
95twotone
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Alias (AKA):