Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Need power or ground inside?

904 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  astroturf 
#1 ·
This is the factory harness connector for the power points and cigar lighter from a '97. I use this if I happen to have the console off anyway during interior diagnostics. It beats having to hook up to the battery and drag the cable(s) either over the doors or over the engine if you have the doghouse removed. Can also be used with male terminal jumpers for quick tests of any of the climate controls. Do not use for testing of window motors or power seats. Next time I see the other end in the boneyard I'm going to grab it and make a quick connect for my test light. Just a thought. :2:

See less See more
#2 ·
Astroplane said:
This is the factory harness connector for the power points and cigar lighter from a '97.[ [url=http://www.astrosafari.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=13229] ][/url] I use this if I happen to have the console off anyway during interior diagnostics. It beats having to hook up to the battery and drag the cable(s) either over the doors or over the engine if you have the doghouse removed. Can also be used with male terminal jumpers for quick tests of any of the climate controls. Do not use for testing of window motors or power seats. Next time I see the other end in the boneyard I'm going to grab it and make a quick connect for my test light. Just a thought. :2:
Good thought. Also a good use of an existing point for testing. Thanks. Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.