Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

lubed pass door now drivers door locks wont work

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  survival bill 
#1 ·
So I lubed up the passenger electric door locks linkages hopeing it would get it working again now the drivers side does not want to work and it was working just fine for me whats going on is their another solenoid between the electric door locks I am not aware of ? and if so were is it on a 99 its the only thing I can think of as wd40 would/should not short anything out right? :confused:

#2 ·
I can't imagine it's related, unless you simply pulled some connection free. And I imagine you're careful with/thought of that. WD40 won't short electrical.

There's a door lock relay under the passenger right kick panel, up high under the dash.

Lump

#4 ·
yup the one on the passenger side found it it tested ok but and here is the but their is another relay sounded like it was under the drivers dash took it all apart too no not their its behind the radio and I cant get at the damn thing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: anyone got a kid I can borrow that can reach in and find it.....

Found this Vid its a tomorrow project now...

#6 ·
Thanks for that I would say its that door lock delay relay too as it says its a delayed relay I am sure thats the one stuffed behind the radio I am assuming if I can remove the radio and hold onto things back their like the relay I will be able to feel it working then its just a matter of getting it out and testing or replacing it..

can I replace it with an 80 amp solonoid :nono: :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.