Removed Lower Shroud Can not get it back it

Removed Lower Shroud Can not get it back it

Postby selcooper [OP] » June 1st 2015, 1:34am

Okay so i had to do an Alternator and belt fix on my 2004 GMC Safari AWD

I did the repair ok and with the bosses opps I mean the wife's help was able to get the belt in place.

But when i went to replace the lower shroud I could not get it to seat back into its original position. to make matters worse I snapped one of the clips down at the base where the unit should clip into.

So I guess i am definitely calling for help as to what to do to get this piece back into the position that it needs to be in.

PS do not tell my wife I am asking for help it will ruin my rep
Original Poster [OP]
selcooper
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: selcooper has been a member for 5 full yearsselcooper has been a member for 5 full yearsselcooper has been a member for 5 full yearsselcooper has been a member for 5 full yearsselcooper has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 1
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2004
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: SLT awd

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Removed Lower Shroud Can not get it back it

Postby WoodButcher » June 1st 2015, 1:51pm

I replaced my '97 w/ an elec fan years ago but IIRC it hooked on the front bottom and had a couple bolts that held it to the upper shroud.
WoodButcher
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L6)
Years of Membership: WoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full yearsWoodButcher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 30
Alias (AKA): Bruce
Van Model Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 5.7L RWD

Re: Removed Lower Shroud Can not get it back it

Postby Ken2.7 » June 1st 2015, 3:51pm

I struggled to get mine out and finally used an oscillating saw to cut off the 2" I was going to remove for my lift. Afterward it slipped in and out easily. I don't know how desperate you are and I don't know if you would have to remove the full 2". If you go this route put some scrap sheet metal between the shroud and belts/hoses so the vibrating blade doesn't hit them. Ken

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=74866
Ken2.7
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Ken2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full yearsKen2.7 has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 32
Alias (AKA): Ken
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD Provan Tiger GT