how do i run a seperate electrical system?

how do i run a seperate electrical system?

Postby bassndad [OP] » September 13th 2010, 3:08am

ok most amps these days as far as competeing goes can handel up to 18v. well since i would have to be getting a few batteries and a new alt. anyways can i fab brackets to mount a second alt but a 16v alt and run it straight to some 16v batteries which will have my sub amps hooked to, but can i jus ground all that to the frame as well? i dont see how a ground that has a 12v source and a 16v source would matter, jus as long as the 16 volt equipment is only linked to it self but grounded to the same ground as everthing else on the vehicle? and what are some reputable companies to get 16 volt stuff from? i seen the sound stream batt but for only 200 bucks im thinkin its junk then theres the kinetic 12/16v batt but it doesnt seem to have a high ah rating and then the powermaster has one but again nothin special compared to say a d3100. since there doesnt seem to be 16v batts that have high amp ratings im assuming that since its 16v is doesnt need the high amps maybe? cause im only finding 16v alts with low amp ratings? can someone please break this down and fill in my gaps for me and explain how i can run a second electrical system but a 16v one jus for my bass amps which at the moment is looking like ill be running around 6-7k watts. so explain how to wire this and direct me to some options for what all ill need.

thanks J.
Original Poster [OP]
bassndad
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: bassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: no van yet

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • Weird Electrical Quirks
    by rstro » June 14th 2020, 11:41pm in Electrical
    2 Replies
    Last post by rstro View the latest post
    June 15th 2020, 12:48am
  • electrical gremlins acting out, I have basic questions
    by sixsix » June 21st 2020, 9:11pm in Electrical
    14 Replies
    Last post by augidog View the latest post
    June 22nd 2020, 11:05pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    November 28th 2020, 3:36pm

Re: how do i run a seperate electrical system?

Postby bassndad [OP] » September 13th 2010, 3:14am

like is this anygood? a one wire?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Powermaster/713/4 ... L/10002/-1

on the power master site it says its one wire hook up jus hook a 1/0 straight to the batt and also recommend running 1/0 ground from alt to batt. also sayd has a thing you can turn the voltage down for when not competeing so i could still run around town bumpin if i wanted but then for the comps turn it up and then back down so i dont burn up the amps which im going to run crescendo 3kwp amps(x2) and says can do up to 18.5 volts so with one of these alts and im thinkin 4 eoither kinetik or powermaster batts and ill have the electrical to power 2 of these amps putting out a claimed near 4k at 16v and near 6 at 18v i could easily power 8 of the 18s im planning instead of jus 4 but build 4 for now and then slowly gather 4 more then jus rebuild my enclosure. yeah im thinkin this is the new plan heres the alt....\

http://www.jegs.com/i/Powermaster/713/4 ... L/10002/-1

and im figuring since i want a stable 5k watts and anything over that is a plus then ill jus need 3 of these, and whenever im ready to add more subs and crank out more power i can jus get a few more but 3 of these will do fine for now i think?

http://www.jegs.com/i/XS+Power/703/D1600/10002/-1

so depending on enclosure design say 16v sytem, around 6k watts and 4 18" AA havocs will i be any where close to 160db in my astro with a wall or some kind of 4th order box?
Original Poster [OP]
bassndad
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: bassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full yearsbassndad has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 8
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: no van yet