Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Computer Info

896 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  'cudapaul 
#1 ·
The overhead console tells me the "Range" in miles. Is that an accurate estimate of how far I can drive before I run out of gas? My gas gauge was buried on empty as I let the range dip. At 45 miles, the reading changed to "LO mi". I am at 289 miles. Can anyone tell how my Safari is doing on fuel efficiency?
I understand that a fuel injector cleaner is recommended. Does it make a difference which product is used or will they all do the same job? (I put some mid cost injector cleaner in my 1995 Safari SLT AWD and soon after it was running real rough. After a few days driving, it went back to the way it drove prior to using the injector cleaner (no better, no worse). Why did it run rough (and should it)?

Thanks
Alan

#2 ·
Chevron Techron or GMs Fuel System Treatment plus. The other stuff is cheap for a reason...

As far as the console, I don't know yet how accurate it is because I haven't driven mine more than 30 miles. Don't think 289 miles is all that good, but it's best to fill up the tank and see how many gallons you used to get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.