GETTING MORE MPG ??????????

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Re: GETTING MORE MPG ??????????

Postby Gary » August 3rd 2008, 4:14am

Bikehauler wrote:Has anyone tried this system?

http://hybridfuelreview.info/?id=B227036

Interesting reading. Almost makes me wonder how my V8 van would do with one of these systems.

Let me know what you guys think. :layrubber:

Rocke

First off I am going to say I am not a supporter of the hydrogen systems.I feel with all that I have read and with all the safety systems suggested with turn off in a crash to the amount of hydrogen not being used not that great,I feel this is a dangerous fuel to use.N.H.R.A. ban it's use yrs ago saying it was too unstable and almost anything could set it off.The other factor to consider is when you increase the output of a engine it creates heat.The stock parts on engines can take a certain amount of more stress over what they are designed to do,but they too have their limits.So the long term wear factor has not yet been proven.

But to be fair about this subject this link is very long and is very much indepth on hydrogen use.You will likely have to set aside like 5hrs to get thru all of it,but it is one of the best reads I have found to date.Long and short of it-it's worth the time spent.

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_61361/m ... .htm#74924

No quick easy answers here.Just alot of learning from guys who did their homework.
Gary
Dearly Departed
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Gary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full yearsGary has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 136
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: high top

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Postby johnny-77 » August 3rd 2008, 5:12am

Ive been looking in to this idea for a while first thing is a lot of the premade systems are completely unsafe. Most use substandard parts and or inadaquit safety controls. As for the extra heat they generate it is off set by the steam thy produce in the cylinder taking more heat with it than gas does. If you want to try useing HHO as a fuel additive with out completely changing over to strait hydrogen untill 25% of you're fuel is hydrogen you will most likely lose mileage. I am not saying this to discourage you, just all I read without a constant supply of HHO, timing change and vehical modifications that most of the sites dont talk about the millege wont increase much if any. If you are looking at a premade system look for a stainless seperater not pvc or cpvc, a proper water trap not a mason jar with water in it and some type of electronic control system. Also make sure that thay list the amprige nessasary to run there system I can make HHO if I where to use 100amp at 13volts not very practical to use 20 hp just to run the thing off the alternator. If you want to try out a system look very closely at the quaility of the parts. Me i thought of a snag if I were to use the systems avaliable what abought a -10 deg day?? :2:
Last edited by johnny-77 on August 16th 2008, 8:28am, edited 1 time in total.
Drive your van hard and long she deserves it!
forgive my terable spelling
johnny-77
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 2 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: johnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full yearsjohnny-77 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 6
Alias (AKA): johnny

Postby Jessman » August 11th 2008, 6:09pm

have you tried getting the PCM tuned?

http://www.pcmforless.com
97 GMC Safari AWD, 166K White with Tan interior.
Jessman
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Fueling (1/8 tank)
Years of Membership: Jessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full yearsJessman has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 9
Alias (AKA):

Previous