All good things have to come to an end..

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

All good things have to come to an end..

Postby plymouthcranbrook [OP] » May 24th 2020, 3:29am

and it's the same with the old Astro. One last sign in to thank all of you who have helped me work on my 2001 AWD over the years. I have enjoyed the posts and stories I have read. But after almost 20 years of owning it the old truck is going to the big auction in the sky. Almost 200,000 miles and although it still runs well the rust is beginning to make the inevitable happen. With the newest Astro now almost 16 years old and me almost 70 it is time to get something newer. Getting a 2016 Chevy Traverse(FWD, not AWD) next week. I though about seeing if anyone here wanted it but decided that to quote Trevor Noah, In the Days of Corona, it is probably better to just take the trade in money and say good bye.
So thanks again and the best of luck with your Astros in the future.
Original Poster [OP]
plymouthcranbrook
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L1)
Years of Membership: plymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 16
Alias (AKA):
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: allwheel drive

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • All of the sudden lost all power locks
    by dnwong » November 10th 2020, 8:03pm in Electrical
    1 Replies
    Last post by AstroWill View the latest post
    November 10th 2020, 8:31pm
  • General input on things to look at
    by AstroOafAdventurer » August 6th 2020, 7:01pm in Uncategorized
    5 Replies
    Last post by Leeann_93 View the latest post
    August 7th 2020, 2:27am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    January 24th 2021, 10:37am

Re: All good things have to come to an end..

Postby Astrofarian » May 24th 2020, 4:15am

Sorry to hear , best of luck with the Traverse. And by the way, you're the member here, NOT your van. Come back anytime! Coffee's on....unless Mark drank it all AGAIN!
-M!ke-
Move along....all is well.....return to your homes.....nothing to see here.
Astrofarian
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Astrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA): M!ke
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: Someday......

Postby augidog » May 24th 2020, 4:43am

I'm 63 last week, my 1995 is new to me mere months ago.

The only thing I can say about this is I that I'll be pretty doggone happy to have half the run you've had.
Scanned original Chevrolet-GMC Dealer "Product Information Guides."
Detailed Options w/RPO's. Learn all about your Astro/Safari's first build.
https://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=142268
augidog
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: augidog has been a member for 1 full year
Alias (AKA): Augie
Extra Info: AWD High-Top

No... NO, they don't

Postby sixsix » May 24th 2020, 12:53pm

plymouthcranbrook wrote:Getting a 2016 Chevy Traverse(FWD, not AWD) next week
Well, at least it's a GM product... may be a good or bad sign nowadays.

plymouthcranbrook wrote: to quote Trevor Noah, In the Days of Corona, it is probably better to just take the trade in money and say good bye.
Funny - could not find that one, but did find many praising man-bun Subaru driver wannabes.

Stay in touch - there may be a Virtual Service manual just a virtual download away for those Front Wheel Bearing needs.

Well, after all... what would Banacek say ?... Anyone that condones the actions of the American People during the Storming of the Capitol are as complicit as the Assholes themselves.
But no way does this let the Democrats or the MSM off the Hook.

sixsix
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 5 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: sixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full yearssixsix has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 38
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: LT W CPI - RWD 200K

Postby Big_kid » May 24th 2020, 3:42pm

Good luck with the Traverse, pop in for a visit once in a while! Or just stick around like nothing changed, we won't tell.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8

Postby Leeann_93 » May 26th 2020, 12:31am

The Astro might go, but that doesn’t mean you have to. You have lots of knowledge that we might need to tap here and there. Besides, we like you.
'05 Astro AWD vin X
'02 Astro LS AWD vin X
'00 Astro LS AWD - WIP
'99 Safari XLE AWD - broke
'93 AWD EXT vin W - real broke
Leeann_93
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Leeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full yearsLeeann_93 has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 44
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 2005
Extra Info: LS AWD

Postby Mmusicman » May 26th 2020, 12:51am

I'm sure it was a GREAT run!
Best of luck with the next chapter of your life!
2000 Astro LS 4x4 | NP233 | 31" LT265/70R17 Tires | 8" LIFT | 10" TOTAL
92 Chevy Astro Cargo Shorty | V8-350
http://www.CruisinSouthFlorida.com
Mmusicman
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 7 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: Mmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full yearsMmusicman has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 73
Alias (AKA): Scott
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: 2000 4x4 - 92 V8-350

Postby plymouthcranbrook [OP] » June 1st 2020, 9:26pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The Astro went today. A Bit sad as 18 years is quite a while but life goes on. I will stop by on occasion I am sure and may throw out a word or two... Now to try to fine a group as good as you for Chevy Traverse.
Original Poster [OP]
plymouthcranbrook
Years of Membership: plymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full yearsplymouthcranbrook has been a member for 11 full years
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: allwheel drive

Postby Astrofarian » June 2nd 2020, 2:09pm

plymouthcranbrook wrote:Thanks for the kind words everyone. The Astro went today. A Bit sad as 18 years is quite a while but life goes on. I will stop by on occasion I am sure and may throw out a word or two... Now to try to fine a group as good as you for Chevy Traverse.

The "Other Vehicles" thread here could be a help to you, if you can't find an active forum for your new Traverse.....
-M!ke-
Move along....all is well.....return to your homes.....nothing to see here.
Astrofarian
Years of Membership: Astrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 6 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA): M!ke
Extra Info: Someday......

Postby Big_kid » June 3rd 2020, 4:16am

M!ke has a point there.
95 Astro Conversion of unknown irrelevant lineage
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?
Big_kid
Team Leader
Team Leader
Years of Membership: Big_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full yearsBig_kid has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 185
Alias (AKA):
Extra Info: 2WD 5.7 V8