Rambling man van build.

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Re: Rambling man van build.

Postby copperhead [OP] » October 6th 2020, 11:05am

AstroWill wrote:Are the slides angled down a little in the back so they stay closed or self close?

No, although that would have been my preference. With the limited space and size of the bins I bought, I literally didn't have even a 1/4 in. to spare to still allow for the covers to come on and off. If I didn't use the covers, I probably would have been able to do so. I'll try magnets to keep them closed or if that doesn't work, latches.
Original Poster [OP]
copperhead
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): Ron
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • And so it begins, my van build
    by mglsite » October 17th 2020, 11:02pm in Projects/Builds
    3 Replies
    Last post by mglsite View the latest post
    October 18th 2020, 12:36am
  • 2005 Astro Build "Zara"
    by Rufio364 » May 13th 2020, 9:49pm in Projects/Builds
    6 Replies
    Last post by SportsBoy View the latest post
    May 15th 2020, 10:15pm
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    October 31st 2020, 1:24pm

Re: Rambling man van build.

Postby copperhead [OP] » October 18th 2020, 1:43am

Back with a minor update. Been spending the past few days refining some stuff and organizing wires and such, Got the drawer fronts done, but forgot to take a picture..will do for a later post. Only major addition is the propane stove. I figure some will start freaking out about the setup, but I've got more to do with installing a fan, plenum and vent work. I'm not going to do anything that I feel won't be safe, so if you don't like it, too bad. :mrgreen:

Went round and round with this. Set 2 stoves back, debated a recessed one, and then settled with this setup for now anyway. If I feel I need to remove the upper shelf I will, but I'm not planning on boiling a pot of lobsters, so I think I've got plenty of clearance for a frying pan and small pot. Added some feet to the stove and thru bolted it into the counter with wingnuts to hold it.

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

Going to hold off on the diesel heater for now, but next is a water heating element to warm up my sink and aux water line. This is interesting...bought another 100 ah battery for more storage. Was delivered yesterday. Had an issue with it(slight bulging on the sides). Not sure if its a problem or not. battery voltage reads fine. I ***** about to Amazon and they offered me to either...return for a refund, take a 30% refund of the price or receive a replacement. I said I wanted a replacement and asked if they'd take the other one when they dropped the new off, cuz I'm not paying to ship the thing back. She said no, they will not take it back and I'm free to do what I want with it.. :shrug: I'll find room for it somewhere.

And to stay with today's theme..going waaaaay back
Original Poster [OP]
copperhead
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Fueling (1/4 tank)
Topics: 5
Alias (AKA): Ron
Van Model Year: 2005
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: AWD

Previous