Hey youse guys

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Hey youse guys

Postby RECox286 [OP] » December 24th 2012, 5:33pm

Hey Y'all, Girls and Boys,

I have quite a conundrum today here at Uncle Bob's Garage. No, get yer minds up out of the gutter, and no, I don't mean I just bought a new

apartment either. Last night, well, more like very early this morning, somewhere just before daybreak,the bride met me at our back door with

rolling pin in hand and a few choice words that might make a sailor turn reddish. No, I didn't smell of beer, nor of perfume. What I did smell

of was more like gasoline, grease and steering fluid. You see, I have a little problem; at certain times of the month I am subject to walking in

my sleep. We have tried everything; drugs, safety belts, cold showers, etc...but when that moon comes up over the treeline... So, anyhow,you

know that we aren't that far from a JY down the road, the one I frequently can be found at ? Yep ! Now, I can't blame the bride any, I mean she

has spent a ton of time getting the house ready for the holidays. I've been banned from even the mudroom and have had to take up residence in the

parts shed. Not so bad as it sounds, b/c when I built the shed, I thought ahead and drilled a hole in the floor for relief, got a wood stove for one

corner, as well as shelving for parts, and a workbench to, well you know, sleep on. Now comes the real problem: I never got around to

piping up the wood stove (ergo, there is no chimney for Santa to come down). Further more, most of the neighborhood we live in is not on

on the "nice list" so I have to keep the shed door locked, or else I won't have that odd part when I'm looking for it. So, I'm thinking that if

Santa can't get in, there won't be any thing in my stocking or any tools under the scraggly branch I decorated to keep me company tonight.

I'd be happy to hear of any good solutions y'all may be able to share.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a g'day mate.

Uncle Bob
Start a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.

Sent using two Progresso soup cans and a string
Original Poster [OP]
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 40
Alias (AKA): Uncle Bob
Van Model Year: 1993
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: RWD V6 [325K mi]

Re: Hey youse guys

Postby gmcvanman » December 24th 2012, 5:42pm

u could try makin ur own outa rolled sheetmetel or better yet astro exhaust pipe :-)
260k n counting, future LS3 mustang killer :-)
gmcvanman
Firing on 3 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: gmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 48
Alias (AKA): safariowner vanman
Van Model Year: 2000
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: rwd 4.3l cargo van

Postby redfury » December 24th 2012, 5:46pm

sounds like you need to get a lock box and make sure to include the lock box code in your wish list to Santa so he knows how to get in. The only problem will be if the SOB forgets to lock it back up when he's done eating the venison jerky and whiskey you left out for him next to the scraggly pine branch you decorated with metal shavings and old fan belts.
A temporary fix usually becomes a permanent solution, therefore it does not exist.
doghouse removal by me!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIJ0kuROlbU
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: redfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 53
Alias (AKA): Mike
Van Model Year: 1998
Extra Info: LT 5.7L 4wd

Postby redfury » December 24th 2012, 5:48pm

now, if you are talking about piping out that wood stove smoke...double walled stove pipe with a cap would be the way to go.
A temporary fix usually becomes a permanent solution, therefore it does not exist.
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Years of Membership: redfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full yearsredfury has been a member for 10 full years

Postby gmcvanman » December 24th 2012, 5:50pm

redfury wrote:sounds like you need to get a lock box and make sure to include the lock box code in your wish list to Santa so he knows how to get in. The only problem will be if the SOB forgets to lock it back up when he's done eating the venison jerky and whiskey you left out for him next to the scraggly pine branch you decorated with metal shavings and old fan belts.

u might be a rednek if..... lol :rofl:
260k n counting, future LS3 mustang killer :-)
gmcvanman
Years of Membership: gmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full yearsgmcvanman has been a member for 8 full years
Topics: 48
Alias (AKA): safariowner vanman
Van Model Year: 2000
Extra Info: rwd 4.3l cargo van

Postby RECox286 [OP] » December 24th 2012, 7:31pm

Hey, don't be making fun of my scraggly pine branch. Not only did I use steel shavings and old fan belts, BUT, I also found a

pine tree odorizer that I stole off an old gen 1 rear view mirror. (Go ahead, top that one !)

OK, so far, please keep the suggestions coming.

Uncle Bob

Original Poster [OP]
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)
Years of Membership: RECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full yearsRECox286 has been a member for 10 full years

Postby RECox286 [OP] » December 24th 2012, 7:36pm

Geez, I just lit off the stove, and it's starting to get a bit (cough, gag, choke) a bit foggy in here.

Sure hope the snow holds off. Rain's in the forcast. I may be in for a cold, dark night !

Uncle Bob

Original Poster [OP]
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)

Postby RECox286 [OP] » December 26th 2012, 7:19pm

Update, Flash, Flash, Flash...

I got a rock. Santa left it on the front porch.

Uncle Bob

Original Poster [OP]
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)

Postby redfury » December 27th 2012, 7:47am

Are you sure it wasn't just a rock he was trying to break your combination lock open with to get inside to leave the real goodies for you? If there weren't tractor tire tracks, it didn't happen.
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces

Postby RECox286 [OP] » December 27th 2012, 7:51pm

So, girls, boys and telephones,

what did Santa leave in/under under your stocking/pantyhose, tree ??? (don't be afraid to lie er, stretch the truth a bit...if you feel the need.)

Uncle Bob

Original Poster [OP]
RECox286
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces
Purple Status (L6)
Purple Status (L6)

Postby chevymaher » December 27th 2012, 8:44pm

Since I always dress like a hilljack. I got a bunch of nice clothes. With instuctions/orders to start wearing them to family functions. Over my clean work clothes. My boy made out like a bandit this year. He actually got things he wanted.
chevymaher
Team Leader
Team Leader
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: chevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full yearschevymaher has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 91
Alias (AKA): chevymaher
Van Model Year: 1994
Extra Info: SLE RWD Mercruiser

Postby redfury » December 27th 2012, 9:40pm

I got to cook and clean for Christmas, and it's not over yet. I have another one to cook and clean for...yay! No presents for me, unless you count the used transfer case I put in the van...
redfury
U.S. Armed Forces
U.S. Armed Forces