Safari Upgrades

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Safari Upgrades

Postby protectedstock [OP] » May 1st 2009, 7:04am

Well, after spending much time and money getting a new oil pan for my 1993 GMC Safari AWD (after ramping it like a dumbass), I was unable to change it due to the incredibly difficult location of some of those nuts. Anyway, I ended up patching the tiny hole with JB weld which has held this far (about a month) with zero leakage. I also changed the coolant, oil and air filters.

I also ended up installing 2 x 10 inch Concept EX-10 subwoofers running Dual branded 2 x 500w at 6ohms with Kenwood components and headunit. They're in a huge ported box and sound amazing! I took out my rear row of seats so now it's 4 captains chairs with my box taking up half the rear cargo. Also purchased since my last post were 2 Hella 500FF lights, 2'5" Flowmaster muffler (it purrrrs) and 40 channel Cobra CB Radio with Wilson 5000 antennae. I think next on the list is a 4 inch lift from Overland, hopefully ranchero shocks and skidplate.

In all honesty, I love this van. It has just enough power (the flowmasters make a huge difference. if you don't have exhaust I highly recommend it.) All my friends either have trucks or smaller cars. I have a truck with a giant customized luxury compartment on the back. I'd say it's a pretty sweet first car, wouldn't you? Pictures coming tomorrow!
1993 GMC Safari AWD (Explorer conversion), 117,000+ miles.
Original Poster [OP]
protectedstock
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: protectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full yearsprotectedstock has been a member for 11 full years
Topics: 2
Alias (AKA):