Where is everything?!

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Where is everything?!

Postby chemist [OP] » January 30th 2008, 4:39am

Where did all the threads go?! I came here to look at the brakes pages, but everything's gone!
2003 Chevy Astro, AWD, 124,000 mi

a must read
Original Poster [OP]
chemist
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: chemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 26
Alias (AKA):

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Re: Where is everything?!

Postby AstroAustin » January 30th 2008, 4:41am

Not gone. Just dormant. Just hiding. Just waiting till the time is right. The info is not gone, only suppressed for the time being. An effort is being made to post up the old board as "read-only" to use as a reference.
-AstroAustin
[email protected]
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 120
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1988
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Postby Mr_Roboto » January 30th 2008, 5:28am

Glad to see you got the place man, I know you had an interest in setting a board up, and couldn't quite get the same results despite your hard work. Maybe this was the piece of the puzzle that was missing. Beats a lot of other people that could have gotten it, who wouldn't have left the site in far rougher condition. You obviously wish to rectify many of the issues previously held by this web site and start a new chapter in its history. It is nice to see you are doing things in a very timely manner, I am sure it is a good deal of work for you.

That being said, [Rule 21 Violation]. You have a board but you have no user base hardly as of yet, data that is in shambles and needs a great deal of work to get serviceable data from due to organizational issues and completeness alike, and other problems due to Will letting the site stagnate for an extended period of time. That being said you have a lot of the original data, the good domain names that will let you attract new users and a few other strengths on your side.

Congratulations on your purchase, I hope this works out well for not only you but the community at large. It is to this end I thank you for taking action, and beseech you to consider my message and thoughts of unity.
Last edited by AstroAustin on September 26th 2008, 10:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This post does not comply with forum rules (Rule 21), the infraction in this post has been removed and this post has been locked.
Mr_Roboto
V8 Swap Achievement
V8 Swap Achievement
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Firing on 1 Cylinder (L2)
Years of Membership: Mr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full yearsMr_Roboto has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 51
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1992
Extra Info: Heavily modified 383

Postby AstroAustin » January 30th 2008, 5:46am

Thank you Roboto. You and I go way back. You know I had the best intentions purchasing these domains. I want to see the Astro community back together again.
I love the idea of taking the old Ikonboard data (which I have) and any other related forums out there and combining all the data into one large community. Lets make it happen people!
-AstroAustin
[email protected]
Full FBSS Air Suspension :: Triangulated 4-Link :: Engine Driven Compressor :: 4 Air Tanks :: 1/2" SMC Valves :: Phantom Billet Grill
AstroAustin
Technical Director
Technical Director
Years of Membership: AstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full yearsAstroAustin has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 120
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1988
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 FBSS AirRide

Postby chemist [OP] » January 30th 2008, 8:11am

Good to hear. I was really worried that this site was done. There was a LOT of good info here that served many well, and I was mortified to think it was gone for good. I hadn't visited for a while, then I came because I was in a tight spot with my van sitting up on a jack. You can only imagine my surprise.

The astro is one of those vehicles that people will be restoring 40 years from now, and this site has helped to keep a lot of them on the road. It's also helped many of owners to realize what they have in their van...
Original Poster [OP]
chemist
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Fueling (5/8 tank)
Years of Membership: chemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full yearschemist has been a member for 12 full years
Topics: 26
Alias (AKA):

Return to Uncategorized

It is currently October 22nd 2020, 6:48am

Uncategorized Forum
UncategorizedAn all-purpose area for Astro/Safari van related discussion. These forums typically contain van-related but ill-assorted topics unfit for any other category. General questions and information relating to Astro and Safari Vans only.
Moderators: Leeann_93, icebrrg3rd
To create a new topic in Uncategorized, click this button:
Previous topic Next topic
Recent Image Attachments
Attached by:
Attached by: Mmusicman
Mmusicman
in Uncategorized
Views: 758748
Comments: 16184
Date: Oct 18 '20
Time: 2:24am