Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Sold a car yesterday

695 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kennyj 
#1 ·
Got rid of my 94 Corsica w 80,000 miles, 30+ mpg. Sold it cheap. Probably a dumb move but it's one less vehicle in the driveway.
And this is on-topic because I have extra $$ from the sale to spend on the Astro. I'm working on a wishlist. Can't wait for good weather so I can hit the boneyards.
Thinking about: air shocks, rear disc conversion, tilt steering column, composite grille swap, new speakers, subwoofer...

See less See more
#2 ·
Good thing you sold it before the door fell off. I knew someone that had one and remember the recall on the front doors. Well actually I remember that they ignored the recall and how POed they were when the door fell off :lol:

#3 ·
Jasen said:
Good thing you sold it before the door fell off. I knew someone that had one and remember the recall on the front doors. Well actually I remember that they ignored the recall and how POed they were when the door fell off :lol:
Doors seemed okay but I did have a wheel fall off... The lower control arms are sheet metal, one had rusted through and cut loose. The wheel flopped up into the wheel well, moved the fender in the way of opening the drivers door, and the cv joint opened up puking all its bits onto the street. Lucky I wasn't on the highway, I was only a block from home. They charge the same rate to tow one block :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.