New member introduction

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

New member introduction

Postby meyatch [OP] » April 11th 2015, 12:31am

Hi!

My name is Mitch. When I was in high school, my parents had a 96(+/-) GMC Safari that they bought new, and it was the best vehicle they ever owned.

It had enormous stickers on the windshield and back windows that said "GMC TRUCK", I thought there were hilarious at the time. Does anyone else have those?

I just talked my dad into buying a 94 Astro. Its a Glaval conversion, and it would have been incredibly nice in 1994.

I've been reading through the forums for the past couple days, and I haven't posted because I didn't have any pictures. I'm up here at dad's house to watch the penguins game now and took a couple.

I'll be the one that ends up fixing some of the problems it has, so I'm gonna start a couple threads in appropriate forums so watch out for those.

thanks for checking it out.

-mitch

Original Poster [OP]
meyatch
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: meyatch has been a member for 5 full yearsmeyatch has been a member for 5 full yearsmeyatch has been a member for 5 full yearsmeyatch has been a member for 5 full yearsmeyatch has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 4
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1994
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: Gladiator Conversion

• Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author
  • The art of the con, from a member
    by Jorm » October 26th 2020, 4:11pm in Uncategorized
    22 Replies
    Last post by sixsix View the latest post
    November 12th 2020, 10:26pm
  • new 2me 98AWD
    by markmitch » September 4th 2020, 5:35am in Uncategorized
    21 Replies
    Last post by Rod's Trucks View the latest post
    September 14th 2020, 12:02am
  •  
    Last post by AstroSafari.com View the latest post
    February 28th 2021, 11:00pm

Re: New member introduction

Postby Astrofarian » April 15th 2015, 5:15am

Hi Mitch! Great looking van but you'll hear that a lot here because we're all biased. But that doesn't make it any less true.
Welcome to the site. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences!
-Mike-
Move along....all is well.....return to your homes.....nothing to see here.
Astrofarian
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Firing on 6 Cylinders (L3)
Years of Membership: Astrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full yearsAstrofarian has been a member for 7 full years
Topics: 14
Alias (AKA): M!ke
Van Model Year: 1995
Extra Info: Someday......

Postby 97cargocrawler » April 15th 2015, 5:23pm

Holy crap! That van was major cha-chinga$! My van has a "GMCtruck" emblem on the back door, came stock. Welcome to the jungle.
97cargocrawler
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L5)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L5)
Years of Membership: 97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years97cargocrawler has been a member for 9 full years
Topics: 42
Alias (AKA): KING OF OVERKILL
Van Model Year: 1997
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari
Extra Info: 4.3L V6 RWD

Postby willcollett » April 16th 2015, 9:46pm

Hi,

I am a new member and urgently need to be able to send a PM to two members that suggest they have a method of unlocking my 1998 chevy astro. I have locked the keys inside and have no other way of getting in. My whole life is inside that van so if you can help please do I will be very grateful.

I can send a proof picture of the key sat on the drivers seat.

Many thanks
Will
willcollett
Fueling (Empty tank)
Fueling (Empty tank)
Years of Membership: willcollett has been a member for 5 full yearswillcollett has been a member for 5 full yearswillcollett has been a member for 5 full yearswillcollett has been a member for 5 full yearswillcollett has been a member for 5 full years
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1998

Postby Lumpy » April 17th 2015, 1:23am

willcollett wrote:Hi,

I am a new member and urgently need to be able to send a PM to two members that suggest they have a method of unlocking my 1998 chevy astro. I have locked the keys inside and have no other way of getting in. My whole life is inside that van so if you can help please do I will be very grateful.

I can send a proof picture of the key sat on the drivers seat.

Auto insurance will often cover the cost of a wrecker service or locksmith doing a "lockout service". If not it only costs something like $35. Wrecker comes to you, slips his "Slim Jim" into the door, opens it in a few seconds. You retreive keys, MAKE COPIES... :poke:

Lump
Lumpy
Deprived Privileges
Deprived Privileges
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Lumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 261
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Extra Info: 11 in. lift Camo