Switch to full site
An all-purpose area for Astro/Safari van related discussion. These forums typically contain van-related but ill-assorted topics unfit for any other category. General questions and information relating to Astro and Safari Vans only.

Forum rules

This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.
Post a reply

AC Delco parts?

June 28th 2010, 1:35am

Where are you guys getting your AC Delco parts?
i would like to get them without ordering online.

Re: AC Delco parts?

June 28th 2010, 1:38am

The Dealer.

June 28th 2010, 2:15am

astroturf wrote:The Dealer.

Makes sense :doh:
Last edited by webcat on June 28th 2010, 2:53am, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th 2010, 2:31am

I use an AC Delco distributor from work. They are the ones that supply the dealers and auto parts store. Have you asked for Delco at the parts store? Turns out that the distributor is about 500 feet from the auto parts store that I use. When I ask for Delco, they send someone out the back door to get it. By the time I pay for it, he walks in with the parts. I hope they don't move.

June 28th 2010, 2:45am

N.A.P.A. parts stores carry them.Just go on line and do a search for the nearest store to you.

June 28th 2010, 2:50am

O'reillys has some on hand and can order most anything else. :chevy:

June 28th 2010, 8:44am

:goodpost:

June 28th 2010, 1:36pm

astro355 wrote::goodpost:

Which one?

June 28th 2010, 5:10pm

http://local.yahoo.com/results;_ylt=AoT ... Clive+Iowa

June 28th 2010, 10:12pm

The other day I read some article about counterfeit Delco oil filters.
The filter core is suposed to be of some kind of inferior material and ends up clogging the oil pick-up.
Anyone heard anything about that?

June 28th 2010, 11:06pm

Dirk wrote:The other day I read some article about counterfeit Delco oil filters.
The filter core is suposed to be of some kind of inferior material and ends up clogging the oil pick-up.
Anyone heard anything about that?

I'm sure it is possible Dirk.

It has been going on since the invention of Woman's Makeup.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

Thanks, Jim

June 28th 2010, 11:19pm

Off course I would.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/235897-ac-delco-oil-filter-shedding.html

It's a dated 2007 so I'm guessing the problems are solved but I was just wondering if anyone heard anything about this.

June 28th 2010, 11:31pm

You know after you first mentioned it. I googled and got that result. I'm sure that it happens more than we know. Have you seen the Chinese brake rotors, which are the same width, having larger cooling fins, but less metal in surface area. Pretty tricky and slick. Oh yah it's out there alright. Thanks for the article Dirk.
Last edited by astroturf on June 29th 2010, 12:47am, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th 2010, 11:44pm

That's a problem completely unknown to me.
Overhere in Europe we haven't got a problem with counterfeit car parts (yet).
Off course there is aftermarket and there is aftermarket you have the known aftermarket brands that sell from all the part stores across the country and there is the stuff from China which mainly sells via the internet and some dodgy part stores.
So that makes it very easy to spot the crap from the good stuff.

June 28th 2010, 11:51pm

Chinese parts are very common over here. Heck when I went to buy my Ac Delco cap, rotor, and plugs from the Dealership they had some Made in China rotors on the counter. Buyer Beware.

June 29th 2010, 12:18am

Advance Auto carries AC Delco parts.
Post a reply