Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Old member NEW van

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  astroturf 
#1 ·
Morning everyone, I picked up an excellent condition 1997 Chevy Astro 2WD Cargo Van yesterday for $1200 with 85,xxx miles on it and complete service records from the time it was delivered to the dealership to when I bought it even has the owners manual with the card of the guy who did the delivery inspection in the glove box I've even got the never applied window sticker listing all of the options! Now on to the juicy bits, I've got a locking rear axle with 4.10 ratio the 200hp Vortec V6 battery was replaced with an Optima Red Top and brand newish all weather tires transmission fluid is cherry red smells like it should and oil is as expected. The van also came with a locking security partition and some bins in the back for parts this thing drives like a dream compared to my 1988 Astro Conversion. I've also got some questions, I noticed the headlights are always on whenever the van is on I don't suspect this is normal but I found a post semi-regarding this issue and it says its the DRL? another thing is the fuel and battery guage "bounce" a bit more of a wiggle really but I was wondering what would cause this? pics to follow as soon as I un-thaw from my chair!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.