Storage Totes

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Please help us keep topics organized by making an effort to find an appropriate category before posting here. More often than not the posts in this forum could be moved to a better suited category.

Storage Totes

Postby Jabberwalk [OP] » March 16th 2016, 9:42pm

Anyone looking to store/move things in totes for your van (I have an '03), I recommend these. You can tightly place 6 in the rear with the back seat out, or 12 is you double stack. They are more "rubbery" than most hard plastic totes and very durable. They are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.
Original Poster [OP]
Jabberwalk
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Fueling (3/8 tank)
Years of Membership: Jabberwalk has been a member for 5 full yearsJabberwalk has been a member for 5 full yearsJabberwalk has been a member for 5 full yearsJabberwalk has been a member for 5 full yearsJabberwalk has been a member for 5 full years
Topics: 10
Alias (AKA): Jabberwalk
Van Model Year: 2003
Van Make/Model: GMC Safari

Re: Storage Totes

Postby Don1806 » March 16th 2016, 10:22pm

Now hide those totes before your wife decides that they are perfect for storing her holiday decorations. Don't ask how I know....
99 Astro LT - Orginal Owner.
New Engine at 140,000 miles due to intake gasket failure. Hoping to at least double that.
Don1806
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L1)
Firing on 4 Cylinders (L1)
Years of Membership: Don1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full yearsDon1806 has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 18
Alias (AKA): Don
Van Model Year: 1999
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: AWD 170K

Re: Storage Totes

Postby Lumpy » March 16th 2016, 10:28pm

Don1806 wrote:Now hide those totes before your wife decides that they are perfect for storing her holiday decorations. Don't ask how I know....

One of my students is a most practical fellow. Since his family lives in a relatively small house, his wife suggested that they rent a storage unit to store all their xmas decorations in from year to year.

He did the math and figured out that it would be cheaper to throw them away every year and buy new vs the cost of renting storage. Even cheaper if they'd donate the decorations to Goodwill or similar and take a tax write off.

He stopped short of going one step further in the practicality continuum. That would have been to say "Honey, I spent another $100 this month on the storage unit" and then in reality, spend the money on hookers and booze.

So I guess he's not THAT practical.

Lump
Lumpy
Deprived Privileges
Deprived Privileges
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Firing on 8 Cylinders (L7)
Years of Membership: Lumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full yearsLumpy has been a member for 10 full years
Topics: 261
Alias (AKA):
Van Model Year: 1989
Van Make/Model: Chevrolet Astro
Extra Info: 11 in. lift Camo