Chevy Astro and GMC Safari Forum banner

Heater not working

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chevymaher 
#1 ·
Hello, 1995 RWD Astro Van Conversion my heater is on the blink, works when it wants to work! I have to put the heater on low for 5 to 10 mins before it comes on, Then i can move it up one every 5 mins or so till i have heat on high speed :confused: Need help a/s/a/p thanks!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Take a voltage meter and go to the blower resistor connector plug and test the voltage on each of the pins to see if you are getting voltage at each pin as soon as you turn the switch to each position , that should tell you if you are getting voltage to each speed level to the motor instantly or if you have to wait for it , it should be instantly ; If it is then maybe your resistor or motor is going bad . as the blower ages it starts to draw an increase in current till it goes out , , it also could be bad ground connections delaying the current flow , clean all ground connections in the circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.